'Faking Michael' Podcast Out Now

Although the podcast was really in-depth about the information that we already know, I feel that there wasn't actually too much new that was said mostly due to the fact that the Cascio's, James Porte, Jason Malachi etc are never going to spill the beans on what really happened.

It really was quite a genius plan from them - everyone knew already that MJ recorded vocals for Thriller 25 in Cascio's basement, so why wouldn't he have recorded these songs too while he was living there for so many months? From the Estate's point of view, I feel quite sorry for them in this respect. The Cascio brothers at this time were among MJ's best friends, so there'd be no reason to think they were lying.

The contractual agreement that the songs appear on an album probably didn't even cross their minds. I'm sure they never wanted to release them once they found out what they really were, but figured that the repurcussions for not doing so would be far more consequential than the alternative, which involved getting Weitzman to make up stories about their authenticity.

It's all very sad
Don't feel sorry for the estate. They have backstabbed Michael in every possible way. Fuck them

I'm pretty sure this is James Porte if anyone would like to see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thenjpropertyguy/

https://w1.mtsu.edu/media-wall-of-fame/profile/76

According to Damien's podcast he likes to try and stay low key. As a community we should work together to get his face out there. On his Linkedin, you can see he speaks about work experience only after 2010 so he doesn't want people to know about his past in the music industry and now works as a real estate agent. I hate the thought of these people getting away with all of this.

porte_j.jpg

The estate could have count 1 and 1 together regarding the fact that MJs vocals on T25 sounds like he always sounded but on the cascios (recorded in the same room) it sounds totally different xD
Did Branca, McClain and Weitzman all hear the Cascio tracks prior to signing the contract? If that's the case then I retract my previous statement saying I feel sorry for them

Did Branca, McClain and Weitzman all hear the Cascio tracks prior to signing the contract? If that's the case then I retract my previous statement saying I feel sorry for them

probably not.. but i am pretty sure if you sign a contract and find out the songs are fake you have legally any right to retrieve a contract...

i mean even if not.. it's powerful people there.. so to say that they had no other chance but to release the songs is BS.. they WANTED to release them and they didn't care for anyones (fans and family) warnings.

Last edited:
This was an ongoing thought throughout listening to the podcast. Is it possible that the Estate/Sony played a part in creating the songs and knew that Malachi was the singer, possibly hired him themselves. That the allegations the Cascios were paid to silence weren't abuse allegations at all... They wanted to dish the dirt on all those involved with the Michael album.
But the allegations are about 'inappropriate conduct' and about The Cascio's threathing to go public with them around 2019; which is after the 'Michael album' but before the cancellation of the songs..?

This was an ongoing thought throughout listening to the podcast. Is it possible that the Estate/Sony played a part in creating the songs and knew that Malachi was the singer, possibly hired him themselves. That the allegations the Cascios were paid to silence weren't abuse allegations at all... They wanted to dish the dirt on all those involved with the Michael album.
If this were true, Branca would be the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. “These guys are threatening to expose our fraud… Better tell a newspaper that we paid them off to keep them quiet about sexual abuse allegations.”

But the allegations are about 'inappropriate conduct' and about The Cascio's threathing to go public with them around 2019; which is after the 'Michael album' but before the cancellation of the songs..?
I am reading for the first time that the Cascio got money (from Sony? Estate?) in 2019? And also I read multiple times something of the "news from last weeks" where I also like "What did I miss?". Would be thankful for some clarifications. :)

I am reading for the first time that the Cascio got money (from Sony? Estate?) in 2019? And also I read multiple times something of the "news from last weeks" where I also like "What did I miss?". Would be thankful for some clarifications. :)

Were Cascio songs considered for Xscape? Is there a statement by estate why not?

Before Michael died, did he write anything about a potential Cascio song on any list? Are there leaked documents? Like the ones where we can see he wrote down Hold my hand or so...

Were Cascio songs considered for Xscape? Is there a statement by estate why not?
After the smoke they got after releasing some of the tracks I doubt they'd want to go near any of them again lol.
Before Michael died, did he write anything about a potential Cascio song on any list? Are there leaked documents? Like the ones where we can see he wrote down Hold my hand or so...
No, iirc Damien said a few times that none of the Cascio tracks were in any of MJ's lists, including the lists that weren't made public.

Well if they wanted to wish the dirt why didn't they

I actually do agree with this lol. I’ve heard the same sound byte from Michael Prince like 10 times.

Can we just talk for a minute about how absurd Eddies explanation for why “Michael” sampled the earth song Adlibs on Keep your head up? I almost bursted out laughing at how absurd that was. So according to Eddie, Michael kept a USB of [acapella] adlibs of previously recorded songs that he put on whatever song he recorded at a given moment instead of recording new adlibs. Just think about that for a minute. So that means that for every song the adlibs had to fit perfectly with the key of the song and the tempo of the song or they had to time stretch the adlibs and transpose the adlib to the correct key to make it fit. All of that instead of just simply recording new adlibs. Of course it’s complete bullshit since there isn’t one instance of MJ doing that for a song, but that explanation really made me realize that those guys were f***g desperate. Wow.
So they basically saying mj re did old songs........🤣 that would have to the most funniest yet stupidest thing I've heard

No, but through the Jeffre Phillips lawsuit we did learn that MJ had CD copies of “Ready 2 Win” and “All Right” at his house at the time of his death. So, at the very most, he knew they existed and had probably listened to them.

No, but through the Jeffre Phillips lawsuit we did learn that MJ had CD copies of “Ready 2 Win” and “All Right” at his house at the time of his death. So, at the very most, he knew they existed and had probably listened to them.
Or they were tryna get him to know they exist. And perhaps he did/would like them. To say the least.

Demos with Cascio singing, right?
Or with Jason singing :D kidding

Demos with Cascio singing, right?
Or with Jason singing :D kidding
Why not listen to the podcast?
It’s really good & has ALL the information presented in every possible context.

It’s James Porte singing on the demos at the time they were supposed to be presented to MJ.
After his death, Eddie & James altered their plans and added the soundalike vocals and sold them to Sony/Estate, seeing their dream of MJ recording their stuff crushed.

It’s James Porte singing on the demos at the time they were supposed to be presented to MJ.
After his death, Eddie & James altered their plans and added the soundalike vocals and sold them to Sony/Estate, seeing their dream of MJ recording their stuff crushed.
Copyrighting those Porte demos on June 27th 2009 with MJs name now on them was heartbreaking.

Then they were at a private memorial trying to push the songs onto the 3T brothers. Truly deplorable.

I listened to this podcast last night and today. It’s excellent. For those saying it takes too long or retreads ground, you have to remember this is aimed at people who aren’t familiar with what happened or people who exist on this forum. I thought it was well structured, interesting and look forward to future eps. It’s absolutely disgusting what they did; amazing that they thought they could get away with this. I have to say, too much hate directed at Branca and not enough at John McClain.

The original concept for "Michael" would've been amazing - all of the songs MJ was working on at the time of death.

Just a shame the recordings weren't in releasable state / they couldn't get will.iam etc on board.

Reactions: MJ5

I am at ep 3. I cannot find much time unfortunately.

Imagine if the Michael album would have been something like this. I’d have preferred one great album than them doing a 2014 follow up.

Slave To The Rhythm

Hollywood Tonight

Blue Gangsta

Chicago

Price Of Fame

Another day

Best Of Joy

A Place With No Name

We’ve Had Enough

Hold My Hand

Xscape

Much Too Soon