Faith Evans To Play Florence Ballard (Of The Supremes) In New Biopic

billyworld99

Proud Member
Faith Evans has been picked to play Florence Ballard in a new biopic about the tragic life of the fallen singer. Ballard, who died abruptly at the age of 32, was once the lead vocalist of the iconic group The Supremes before being forced out in favour of diva Diana Ross. No further details about the film are available yet but one thing is certain: Evans has haunting resemblance to Ballard.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/10/faith-evans-play-florence-ballard-supremes-biopic/#comments

Isn't Faith too old? Especially since The Primettes/Supremes started out when they were in school. It's like when Jimmy Stewart was in his 40's and playing Charles Lindbergh, lol.

^^I know right? I guess she looks similiar to Ballard... but I just wish they stopped getting these singers to portray in these historical bio pics!!?? and get REAL actors and actresses to play in these movies.. its so ridiculous..

Oh wow. Florence was a cool chick...I really like her solo record. I see a resemblance and think Faith Evans could do Flo justice in a film provided the script is good.

it might make some noise but who is gonna check it out because you gotta have a diana ross and somebody that is strong and believable.

gonna be a tough sell though. I like Faith though she never ever reached her full potenial as a Artist.

^^I know right? I guess she looks similiar to Ballard... but I just wish they stopped getting these singers to portray in these historical bio pics!!?? and get REAL actors and actresses to play in these movies.. its so ridiculous..
Well, I get your point, but when a biopic is about a singer like this, I think they also should think about casting somebody who would do the artist justice vocalwise. Plus, Faith got some acting experiences. If she had been chosen just becuz of the resemblance, I'd say "This is not the way to do it", but that's not the case here.

it might make some noise but who is gonna check it out because you gotta have a diana ross and somebody that is strong and believable.

gonna be a tough sell though. I like Faith though she never ever reached her full potenial as a Artist.
Yeah it wouldn't sell like The Dreamgirls did, for sure. But both for Flo and Faith fans, it's a real treat. Hmm...who would play Diana Ross, then??:scratch:I heard some say it might be Taraji P. Henson and I can picture her playing the role, tho.

Back