fair well tour August 29th?

MJfan82

Proud Member
While browsing the web, I cam across this story:
Taken from Time.com

Michael Jackson would have turned 51 on Aug. 29, and the promoters of his planned This Is It tour are hoping to celebrate with a concert. It would take place in London and feature Jackson's rehearsal footage and appearances by members of his family. In other words, it would be a Michael Jackson concert - with all the ingredients except the King of Pop himself.

"This is more than a tribute, this is Michael's last masterpiece," Randy Phillips, CEO of AIG Live, told TIME. "The obvious date is August 29 - it's his birthday, and that's what we're shooting for." Phillips says the show would include "the brothers, possibly Janet" and the existing band against a backdrop of hours of Jackson video. The location: London's 02 Arena, where the tour was originally supposed to start on July 13. (See pictures of people around the world mourning Jackson.)

While talks with the family are still very preliminary, their initial response to involvement with the show has been "excellent," says Phillips. "They like the idea of taking their brother's last work and showing it to the world," he says. (The Jackson family spokesperson declined to comment on this story.) Phillips says that the Rev. Al Sharpton even mentioned Aug. 29 to him as a good date over drinks at the Four Seasons. (See pictures of places to honor Jackson's memory.)

Phillips, who plans to sit down this weekend with Jackson's choreographer Kenny Ortega to "figure it out conceptually," envisions it as a singular "pay-per-broadcast vehicle."

"This show would be This Is It, " he says. "The only thing missing would be Michael Jackson in person."

Thanks for posting this.

Hmm. Well that's interesting. I'm definitely not re-working my trip to London for a mock show, though. They better put that rehearsal footage on DVD.

Thanks for posting this.

Hmm. Well that's interesting. I'm definitely not re-working my trip to London for a mock show, though. They better put that rehearsal footage on DVD.

I really hope they do!

I think it is still inevitable that they will release a DVD of the rehearsal footage. I believe they would reach a much broader audience by releasing the DVD as opposed to a MJ concert without MJ.

I'd gladly pay for it...it's worth it. So what...the money needs to go toward's Mike's bills and his children. I'm fine with it. And I'd watch it.

not another fight for tickets! Even without Michael, he will be there in spirit since he put his heart and soul into his final work, and I want to see and appreciate that! I have to be there :(

not another fight for tickets! :(
That's what I thought too. I don't know if I'd even try. We were going to be there, August 28th through 30th, but just hadn't quite booked our flight. So this same weekend means so much to me it makes me ill thinking about it. But I'm tired now, weary. I don't think I can deal with us all fighting each other for tickets. I just want a DVD.

And I agree with that pay-per-view comment. F*ck you, Randy.

Offtopic: On the 29 of August Madonna has a concert in Bulgaria and supposeddly she will perform some of MJ`s songs. It will be strange to hear her sing his songs...

and feature Jackson's rehearsal footage and appearances by members of his family. In other words, it would be a Michael Jackson concert - with all the ingredients except the King of Pop himself.

then why go.. michael is gone. it will not be a michael concert if hes not there. hes gone and these same people still want to put on a concert anyway????? sick. the tour rehearsals is the only good idea on dvd if they want to do right by fans in anyway. let it go. we saw the family, and jermaine perform at the memorial. thats it. we saw the family. what the @#$%^ do these concert promoters want to do.

then why go.. michael is gone. it will not be a michael concert if hes not there. hes gone and these same people still want to put on a concert anyway????? sick. the tour rehearsals is the only good idea on dvd if they want to do right by fans in anyway. let it go. we saw the family, and jermaine perform at the memorial. thats it. we saw the family. what the @#$%^ do these concert promoters want to do.

Take it you never saw the massive celebration of Freddie Mercurys life then, was that sick as well?
I think if it is planned the right way, which is all I expect from AEG and Kenny then it would be great, footage prehaps have few others celebrating not just the family it would be good....
Me personally have no problem with paying to view it

Would we all go a cinema and expect to see a film for free? nope

I would love to see the family perform for MJJ. The family say there were going to do a tour anyway when MJJ was alive and declined to do it, so I see nothing wrong with. I can wait to see the brothers and Janet on stage. I don;t know if it's too soon for them to perform since they are still grieving. If they do it, I will pay to see it on pay per view.

Back