Exclusive Info: Guinness World Records Plans Tribute Spread On MJ In 2011

smooth_criminal05

Proud Member
I have been in contact with Craig Glenday (Editor in Chief of Guinness World Records), first writing to him suggesting that the company pay tribute to MJ in their 2010 upcoming GWR book. However, when MJ died the deadline had passed and the book was already in print. You will be happy to know that MJ will be honored in the 2011 version, due out in stores Fall 2010. Craig stated that he himself is working on the material for the tribute. Here is one of the emails:

-------

Dear Travis,

Many thanks for your email suggestion. Unfortunately, the 2010 GWR book was already at the printers when we heard the terrible news about Michael’s death, so we were unable to acknowledge this incredible, record-breaking artist and human being in full.

However, I am planning a tribute spread in the next available edition (2011). I was lucky enough to meet Michael on a couple of occasions, and was honoured to know that he considered me – and indeed all of Guinness World Records – as his friend. What’s even more amazing than his record-breaking achievement in life is that he continues to break records after his death, and it’s important that we celebrate his ongoing contribution to history.

Thanks again for your idea

Best wishes,

Craig

twitter.com/craigglenday

thanks alot...this is so sweet of you both.

Thanks for posting this, that is really cool that they are going to do a tribute to Michael. I think he has the most Guinness World Records.

thats great to hear, i always got and get excited to see michaels record breaking achievments in the guinness books

good, Michael deserves the acknowledgement. Let's hope they don't change their minds for whatever reason.

That's awesome. I know his fans will never forget him because of his impact on us, but I love knowing that the world can't forget him (even after all the hype has settled down) because he will always be talked about and remembered in books such as this one :)

that's nice. Guinness is one that has always respected Michael and acknowledged his talents and humanitarian efforts.

Thanks for posting! It's nice to know. I saw a vid a while ago of him touring their office...

2011? o cool, just 12 months before the world implodes.

What do you mean by that? Anyway I do believe in the bible and that soon this world (not the literal earth but humans as found in genesis 11:1 which says the earth speak, but was not referring to the earth but mankind) will be gone.

There is too much things going wrong and man does not have the answer.

Anway back on topic, smiles to see Michael getting the recognition he deserves.

What do you mean by that? Anyway I do believe in the bible and that soon this world (not the literal earth but humans as found in genesis 11:1 which says the earth speak, but was not referring to the earth but mankind) will be gone.

There is too much things going wrong and man does not have the answer.

Anway back on topic, smiles to see Michael getting the recognition he deserves.

whoa that was too much for me.

This is GREAT news. I can't WAIT to see all the records they have for him.

He has about 25 that THEY recognized.

Thats not even counting the MANY more that they haven't listed in their books.

Back