Exclusive: Director Jamie King talks SECOND MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
SECOND MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/blogs...ive-director-jamie-king-talks-immortal-and-c/

RLJamieKingDanielSladekDCES_t420.jpg

Jamie is now working on Cirque du Soleil’s second Michael Jackson show, which becomes a resident attraction at Mandalay Bay one year from now. (Jamie directed the first, “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour,” which had its world premiere at Cirque headquarters in Montreal last fall and was at Mandalay for much of December.)
He talked candidly about the new show’s progress.

”That will be a different feel completely, altogether. I am already excited, but not yet confident. I’ll get there, though. Right now, I’m just excited. I am excited about being here at Mandalay Bay and doing the theatrical version of Michael’s show. I’ve already walked the theater. It’s under construction, but for now it looks a mess. It has much potential, and I am excited for the future.
“There is no official name yet for the show, so it’s just the Michael Jackson 2013 show. We are in pre-production now, and at the end of September, early October, I’ll be relocating to Montreal for about three to four months. I’ll stay there through the holidays, and then we’ll all come to Vegas. I will live here for a while.

“It will be completely different from the ‘Immortal’ show -- completely. This will be a theater show, not an arena production. The entire 90-plus minutes will be different from what you experienced with the touring show. I’ve done a whole new concept and theme. It involves many more characters and acrobatics. It will be much more fantastical and theatrical, with less arena rock ’n’ roll. However, you will get as much of Michael Jackson’s music as we had in the touring show. I’ve kept some magical moments from the touring show I felt could translate here -- some bits and bobs, as you’d say!

“I had to create something new, though, because the touring show will go on for a long, long time overseas while we have the permanent show here. I’ve sort of shot my self in the foot by having two shows for Michael Jackson, and both must be different -- and they will be.”

I have confidence in Jamie. He did a fantastic job on the Immortal Worl Tour
It's exciting to think there will be a complete new show .. in a theater setting

Wonderful news, the legacy will run and run.

I just don't want another soundtrack to be released.

interesting....i wonder if the hologram that was originally planned is still in the works

Back