Exclusive: Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony to Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson

suzynyc

Proud Member
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/stars-remember-michael-jackson-one-year-later-2010226

This Friday, June 25, marks the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's shocking death at age 50.

CBS News' The Early Show will celebrate the legendary singer and performer with The King of Pop: One Year Later, an hour-long broadcast tribute (during the 8am hour) devoted to Jackson's life and legacy.

PHOTOS: How Michael's three kids said goodbye

On hand to remember the superstar? Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony, LL Cool J and Smokey Robinson -- plus British singer James Morrison, set to perform "Man in the Mirror" live.

The stars shared some of their "King of Pop" memories:

Christina Aguilera: "Music wouldn't be what it is without someone like Michael Jackson. I remember going to my high school talent show singing 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and being a huge fan of his album Bad. I know all my dancers wouldn't be behind me dancing if it weren't for that."

PHOTOS: Michael's final performances

Marc Anthony: "A Michael Jackson comes around literally once in a lifetime. They break the mold and I think there're people who just sacrifice their life, their personal life all for the arts. That's what Michael did; he sacrificed his life for the arts."

PHOTOS: Other stars we've recently lost

LL Cool J: "I think one of the coolest things he told me was never limit yourself; the fact that if people can whistle your songs then they can understand it all over the world. Because there are language barriers...People speak different languages all over the world. Melody is king and I think Michael really understood that...What we didn't lose is his legacy and that incredible catalogue and body of work...We may have lost the man, but we didn't lose the legacy. The legacy is actually bigger than that one human being. That legacy touched millions."

I'm VERY glad that Christina Aguilera is paying tribute to him. Very. She is very talented and to my knowledge, she didn't pay tribute to him last year.

LL Cool J: "I think one of the coolest things he told me was never limit yourself; the fact that if people can whistle your songs then they can understand it all over the world. Because there are language barriers...People speak different languages all over the world. Melody is king and I think Michael really understood that...What we didn't lose is his legacy and that incredible catalogue and body of work...We may have lost the man, but we didn't lose the legacy. The legacy is actually bigger than that one human being. That legacy touched millions."

Can I just say how I love LL Cool J!:clapping:

Finally..........I've been waiting for something like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it's FREE!!!!!!!!

Christina aguilera is paying tribute to him , thats great! :wild: . Im a big fan of hers :D

It's great all of these tributes they are doing. I just wish he would have gotten this kind of love and attention when he was alive and that these people would have had his back during the trial. Sometime I think some of these people just do tributes to get themselves in the spotlight. I love watching anything to do with MJ so I'm glad they are giving him some of the attention he deserved when he was alive.

call me cynical but most of these so called 'tribute' are pure marketing for the artists involved.

You can just imagine their managers brokering the deals to get them on these things telling the artists to say something nice about Mike and get a load of free exposure, Christina A with her new album cover in the background as shes talking etc.

Let Stevie Wonder, Usher, Beyonce maybe even prince do a tribute but not all these schmucks who are riding on the coattails.

Is this with reference to this http://www.billboard.com/features/2...mber-michael-jackson-a-video-1004099626.story

you know in our own lives sometimes it takes something dramatic to make us appreciate things...

and for the world it took Michael's death for people to appreciate the musician and the person...

sometimes that is how it is

Last edited:
It's a mixed bag. If no one said anything, it would be bad. If someone who's always been a known supporter, it would be understood. If another artist that hasn't said yay or nay comes out in support of Michael and his legacy, I just can't automatically right them off because of their silence in the past.

Maybe others follow the statements (or lack there of) of other performers not directly r/t to Michael. At this point in time, it would be completely understandable to hear many we have not heard from before r/t Michael state their support, irregardless of their music genre.

Really, life's too short to get one's panties in a twist about who is sincere and who is not. Unless there is documented hatred towards Michael, who's to say how the loss is felt, Michael touched so many. jmo-

glad to hear xtina is doing this.i always like her.
not sure if i'll watch this though..MITM just always reminds me of that empty stage at the memorial:cry:

found this other article, but there might be more

Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson and More Booked for Michael Jackson Tribute

spacer.gif
434079988_736133.jpg

Aceshowbiz : In order to mark the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death, Christina Aguilera and Smokey Robinson are going to perform in honor of the late King of Pop.

They are set to take the stage on CBS for a special program dubbed "The King of Pop: One Year Later". The two singers are scheduled to team up for a live rendition of Michael's hit single "Man in the Mirror" on the long-hour broadcast tribute which will be aired live on June 25.

Joining them on the gig will be LL Cool J, Marc Anthony and James Morrison. Christina said as quoted by Us Magazine, "Music wouldn't be what it is without someone like Michael Jackson.

I remember going to my high school talent show singing 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and being a huge fan of his album 'Bad'. I know all my dancers wouldn't be behind me dancing if it weren't for that."

Marc additionally stated, "A Michael Jackson comes around literally once in a lifetime. They break the mold and I think there're people who just sacrifice their life, their personal life all for the arts. That's what Michael did; he sacrificed his life for the arts."

link

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/entertainment/201006/50602.php#commentsread

3 words!!

WHERE WHERE YOU!!

to quote **The Beegees Robin Gibb** when Michael died,

Where where all these so called people that LOVE him now when he needed them! Why did they not rally around , do a FREE concert, help him with his LEGAL side etc when he was totally exonerated!!

Sorry but these people make me SICK!

If you had shown him Love and support when he was alive he would be still here !

I love you Michael and today the pain is still as real as ever! Friday i truelly am wishing would never come!

Terry

Michael is 1000000000000% correct when he says that melody is king. It's just a crying shame that so many of today's singers don't use hardly any melody or no melody at all and just rely on nothing but ''hot beats''

I think its good because I recall reading Michael had hoped he and his music would be loved and remembered in this way. It would be wrong if no one was remembering him. Smokey Robinson was always a staunch friend.

Yes, maybe all this Michael will lead to more real singing, playing of musical instruments, great lyrics and great dancing. He raises the bar again.

3 words!!

WHERE WHERE YOU!!

to quote **The Beegees Robin Gibb** when Michael died,

Where where all these so called people that LOVE him now when he needed them! Why did they not rally around , do a FREE concert, help him with his LEGAL side etc when he was totally exonerated!!

Sorry but these people make me SICK!

If you had shown him Love and support when he was alive he would be still here !

I love you Michael and today the pain is still as real as ever! Friday i truelly am wishing would never come!

Terry
I completely agree, that's what I was thinking. Makes me so angry

Marc Anthony and Cristina didn't perform! They just showed a few secs of what they thought about MJ as well as others! o_O

The only two that performed was some dude I didn't know at London and he sang Man In the Mirror and a new artist called Melanie Fiona who sang I'll be there!

This was hyped up to be something big then it really was! How I don't know? It was just okay!

Last edited:
I saw it and yeah the performances were hyped up. They were not bad but kind of disappointing. However, throughout the hour there were other non-musical tributes to Michael such as this...

Back