EXCLUSIVE: 700 Chinese students dance to Michael Jackson's Dangerous in a remote rural county !!

mkgenie

Proud Member

NOTE: The county is under administration of the big Chongqing City, whose mayor and communist party boss are asking citizens to always sing and dance to communist songs. This surprises us all.

Now we don't what will happen to them in the future, but we hope that all end well.

I believe this deserve a separate thread. But mods can merge if you feel necessary.

Give some respect and bravo to the children and school.

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-04/13/content_22351005.htm

Hundreds of school students dance to Michael Jackson

A primary school in China has given up gymnastics in favor of mass performances of Michael Jackson dance routines.

More than 700 students assemble every day in the playgrounds of Duping primary school in a remote corner of south west China for the jaw-dropping performances.

001372a9ae270f0f99bd2c.jpg

They dance to Jackson's hit Dangerous and imitate the routines from Jackson's classic performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1995.

"We used to do gymnastics but the students said they wanted something more modern, so one of the teachers suggested this," Headmaster Wan Lu, 36, explained, "It's fun and also very good exercise for them. They do other routines but this one is their favorite."

Photos of the performances surfaced on the Internet around a week ago. But a full length video released yesterday quickly went viral.

001372a9ae270f0f99c92d.jpg

Many internet users, including famous film director Jia Zhangke, twittered on Weibo.com, Sina's microblogging site, to express support for the school's creative approach. But some bloggers wondered whether some of Jackson's more suggestive moves were suitable for children, and others worried the kids were being used as part of a publicity stunt.

The mass performances are believed to have been inspired by previous internet footage of prisoners in the Philippines performing Jackson's dance routine from Thriller.

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-04/13/content_22351005.htm

Last edited:
This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing you made my day. After reading all the negative posts, this made me smile and reminded me why I love coming here. Thank you.

AMAZING!!!!!!!:wild:
:clapping:I LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!!:clapping:
Thanks for sharing. :yes:

This is so just wonderful. MJ would have approved..

Really cute. Kids always love Michael, without questions, without drama, without buts. Same at the school I work at. Such a relief after the constant online drama of "adults". :)

It's such a pity that Michael never came to China mainland, despite millions of fans there like him so much!

Cool!

Beautiful mountains in the back as well...

Thanks for the great find.

It's such a pity that Michael never came to China mainland, despite millions of fans there like him so much!

I thought of that while watching as well.

Incredible!

I wish we had that when I was in grade school.

I absolutely LOVE great news like this one :yes:!!! Its beautiful to see the new generation, especially little children, that too from a communist country like China dance to the tune of the King of Pop!!! :sarmotiChina has the largest human population in the world and it loves Michael Jackson! Add to it the number of fans from around the world, and MJ surely has the largest number of fans around the globe!:woohoo:And we L.O.V.E, honour, admire him forever! :worship::flowers:The King of Pop's glorious legacy is safe, secure and shining for all time!!! :cheers:Long Live the King of Pop/Rock/Soul music, Dance, entertainment forever!!!:happy_dance::billiejean: :clap::kickass::jump1::pride_flag::number_1:

Back