ever thought somebody was drunk or high

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
when they were singing a song or something? ever have a song where the way the vocals were going or the flow was going you swore up and down that said person had to be drunk? speak on it.

that horrible whatzupwitu song
f_laugh.gif

i'd put in over 50% of the shit i listen to.

highlights: D'Angelo's mumbles and when Lennon & Macca sat down to write Come Together.

Lennon & Macca sat down to write Come Together.
That was written by Lennon solo. He wrote it for a guy (don't remember his name at the moment) who was running for something. Very few songs were actually written together, it was mostly the early period ones that were collabs. In the Beatles - McCartney songs tend to be quirky stories about "ordinary folks" or singalongs, Lennon's tend to be introspective or have "odd" lyrics, and Harrison's are usually of a spiritual nature or cynical.

Last edited:
Yeah. I love this live performance of "Soon As I Get Home" by Faith Evans. She looks high as hell...and sounds a lil unstable.
Mary J. Blige-some cuts off "Share My World" album, like "Missing You", "Round and Round", etc. Also, a live version of the "Missing You" at an award show...The vibe was raw and fit well to what the song is about.

I hate drugs and the fact that drugs cause people harm...but can't hate those who do drugs.

some artists just have a sleepy eye look and then pple are quick to call them drunk or high\honsetly i think if pple want to ruin there body by alcohol or drugs (i tried the last lol but i never even tasted alcohol in my life)then its up to them to make that choise as long as it doens t interfere with your life and when you re an artist as long as it doesn t make your perforamce get really trashed

You lot think Come Together was out the ordinary, has anyone ever heard Yellow Submarine by The Beatles lol

How about these Beatle tunes:

I Am The Walrus
Revolution 9
Blue Jay Way
Glass Onion
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Tomorrow Never Knows
Strawberry Fields Forever

It was the 60s, lol. LSD, mushrooms, etc. was the thing at the time.

Lil Wayne in 95% of the tracks he's on.
Whoever came up with that "Peanut Butter Jelly" song that was so popular on Youtube a few years ago

Lil Wayne in 95% of the tracks he's on.
Whoever came up with that "Peanut Butter Jelly" song that was so popular on Youtube a few years ago
Yeah Lil' Wayne...He's actually dealing with drug addiction. Ever since I first heard Lollipop, the song got me picturing him recording while high as the sky.

Marvin & Diana

When Marvin Gaye was recording the duet album with Diana Ross, he continually smoked weed. Diana was pregnant and told Marvin to stop smoking in the studio. He refused and said if he had to stop, he wasn't going to sing. Marvin wasn't going to let her boss him around like she did everybody else. So they wound up recording their parts separate.

joe cocker in 'up where we belong'. and it works like a charm. so i hope nobody gets any ideas.

Lil John, Crucial Conflict, Lil Wayne, ODB and I used thing (Bone Thugz N Harmoney But I love them..lol). That guy that made that song "Because I got high"?:smilerolleyes: Heck all those ATL/South rappers! lol!

and anything that says "Chopped and Screwed":mello:

Re: Marvin & Diana

When Marvin Gaye was recording the duet album with Diana Ross, he continually smoked weed. Diana was pregnant and told Marvin to stop smoking in the studio. He refused and said if he had to stop, he wasn't going to sing. Marvin wasn't going to let her boss him around like she did everybody else. So they wound up recording their parts separate.
telling him to stop smoking has hardly anything to do with ''bossing someone around'', he should have smoked outside since the woman was pregnant, he was being inconsiderate in the first place.

telling him to stop smoking has hardly anything to do with ''bossing someone around'', he should have smoked outside since the woman was pregnant, he was being inconsiderate in the first place.
Smoking weed outside isn't a good idea, unless you want to get arrested. Marvin always smoked while he recorded because he said it helped to calm him down so he could sing. This was the 70s anyway, there were no laws that said you had to go outside to smoke anything. People smoked cigarettes in offices, their jobs, the store, etc.
I've watched many live performances of Chaka where she looked high as hell, but she did her thing.
When she was in Rufus, many times she was so drunk, that she'd forget the words during concerts and stop singing.

Smoking weed outside isn't a good idea, unless you want to get arrested. Marvin always smoked while he recorded because he said it helped to calm him down so he could sing. This was the 70s anyway, there were no laws that said you had to go outside to smoke anything. People smoked cigarettes in offices, their jobs, the store, etc.
So smoking weed inside the studio while recording with a P R E G N A N T woman is a better idea? :doh: I don't care if the woman was Diana Ross or the devil, Marvin was inconsiderate period, there is no excuse for endangering an unborn baby's health just because he couldn't keep his fingers away from drugs.

So smoking weed inside the studio while recording with a P R E G N A N T woman is a better idea? :doh: I don't care if the woman was Diana Ross or the devil, Marvin was inconsiderate period, there is no excuse for endangering an unborn baby's health just because he couldn't keep his fingers away from drugs.
I'm not defending him, I just said it was normal. It wasn't called "Sex, Drugs, & Rock n Roll" for nothing. Some of the Motown musicians (Funk Brothers) did the same thing while recording and she knew about Marvin beforehand. She didn't have to sing with him, it could have been overdubbed in the 1st place. She recorded a lot of the Supremes later songs by herself and the the other Supremes (or the Adantes) vocals were recorded separately. You're looking at it from a modern view. Smoking cigarettes used to be allowed inside hospitals. Diana became pregnant while filming Lady Sings The Blues and they had to finish before she started showing. Richard Pryor was in that and he was way worse than Marvin.

Last edited:
Back