Even More from Philips

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
From maximum jackson:

I believe these quotes are new:

"Originally we tried to keep the show down to 90 minutes, but Michael has so many must-do songs in his repertoire that the shows now will be two-plus hours," AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips tells Billboard.

would be "the most cutting edge ever employed on a tour. We're using technology that's never been used before in live entertainment."

Phillips called the rehearsal process "exciting. We're using two soundstages, and Michael's working in one with production designers and choreographer/director Kenny Ortega and associate director Travis Payne. And in the other one the dancers and the band - killer musicians - are rehearsing the set and the choreography for each song."

Jackson is now working out specific songs, though a top-to-bottom dress rehearsal won't be ready for a month. "Michael's in incredible physical shape, he's got tremendous stamina, he's been working out aerobically preparing for this, and he is totally engaged," Phillips says. "He sounds like Michael Jackson. He is laser-focused on making this the greatest entertainment event that fans have ever seen."

Various legal maneuvers by former Jackson associates attempting to derail the shows are "completely meritless and have not impacted rehearsals in any way," Phillips says. "We have a bona fide contract, the deal's in place, he's performing, we're performing."

full article
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/...03972350.story

2 in a half hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god

with breaks between setting up 22+ sets, I'm not surprised about the length of the show. Sounds realistic if there are going to be numerous sets.

From maximum jackson:

I believe these quotes are new:

"Originally we tried to keep the show down to 90 minutes, but Michael has so many must-do songs in his repertoire that the shows now will be two-plus hours," AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips tells Billboard.

would be "the most cutting edge ever employed on a tour. We're using technology that's never been used before in live entertainment."

Phillips called the rehearsal process "exciting. We're using two soundstages, and Michael's working in one with production designers and choreographer/director Kenny Ortega and associate director Travis Payne. And in the other one the dancers and the band - killer musicians - are rehearsing the set and the choreography for each song."

Jackson is now working out specific songs, though a top-to-bottom dress rehearsal won't be ready for a month. "Michael's in incredible physical shape, he's got tremendous stamina, he's been working out aerobically preparing for this, and he is totally engaged," Phillips says. "He sounds like Michael Jackson. He is laser-focused on making this the greatest entertainment event that fans have ever seen."

Various legal maneuvers by former Jackson associates attempting to derail the shows are "completely meritless and have not impacted rehearsals in any way," Phillips says. "We have a bona fide contract, the deal's in place, he's performing, we're performing."

full article
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/...03972350.story

Well who ELSE would he sound like? Tipper Gore?:rofl:

I would feel ripped off at 90 minutes. None of his shows have been that short from what I remember. Between two and two and a half hours should be the norm for a performer of his caliber.

I must say though, in spite of the lawsuits, the constant stream of good news is great to hear.

I don't know why some people think Michael isn't up to performing. 50 isn't that old.

Did anyone see Bruce Springsteen sliding across the stage on his knees and bending backwards more than I could ever hope too, even though he's ten years past double my age? Prince still rocks pretty well too.

The only thing people have to go off who say he's in bad shape is the fact that he's secretive. They'll likely have little say come July 8.

omg I might just die and go to heaven right now :mello:

I hope he sings songs from all decades of his career and not just the Jackson 5 stuff then to the Off the Wall and beyond but put his Motown solo stuff in there just like Janet put some pre-Control material in her last tour.

I'm gonna try my best to stay away from this forum, cause i dont wanna know ANYTHING about the setlist and what the intro song is gonna be. It's gonna be so hard to stay away, but i'll try my best.

I'm gonna go ahead and say if he does it 50-50....i'm satisfied. Meaning with that...is actual singing and lipsynching to songs.

I hope he sings songs from all decades of his career and not just the Jackson 5 stuff then to the Off the Wall and beyond but put his Motown solo stuff in there just like Janet put some pre-Control material in her last tour.

i agree with you 1000 percent i wanna hear all the got to be there songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i really think he will

Im so Excited hee

THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH

"You Ain't Seen Nothing yet"
Michael Jackson

:wild:*weeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*:wild:

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

:clapping: I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :clapping:

At two hours plus, that definitely means wearing any shoe with a high heel is out for me. :lol: Knowing how long the concert may run is really helping with wardrobe choices for that night. Comfy has to be in the mix somewhere for me cuz I imagine most of us will be on our feet majority of the time even tho there's seating.

over 2 hours per show???????????
and I'm going to 12..which means..I'll hear/see him sing and dance LIVE infront of me 24 hours, all together! like a whole day!!!!
:D OMG
!!!!!

I was at snoop dogg once..he sang for about an HALF hour,lol!!!
wtf. after waiting for 5 hours.

over 2 hours per show???????????
and I'm going to 12..which means..I'll hear/see him sing and dance LIVE infront of me 24 hours, all together! like a whole day!!!!
:D OMG
!!!!!

I was at snoop dogg once..he sang for about an HALF hour,lol!!!
wtf. after waiting for 5 hours.[/quote]

Seriously?? That's not cool!

I saw brandy last week...she did 45 mins!!

Back