Errors of the sound technician at MJ concerts

Dudex

Proud Member
Do you recognize error in Smooth criminal Brunei Royal? 04.44-04.49
Also Jam in Rome (LOL) When dancers apeared and started to dancing
Also TWYMMF at 30th annyversary (10th sept) When they might to do Legendary dance
Do you know any other performance with errors?

Its not a sound tech error but I remember when the curtain didnt go up for one show for Smooth Criminal and on another show the curtain wouldnt come down and stage hands had to pull it down.

Last edited:
Just as a part of MJ's history. Things happening

i watched a lot of HIStory gigs to notice a couple of playback errors.

i remember one performance on the HIStory tour for Billie Jean (i think), where the playback recording skipped pretty noticeably. i'll try and hunt for it, i remember laughing at how Mike dealt with it.

there was also one where Mike started singing but the tech forgot to cue in his playback vocals and it got delayed. embarrassing ish, i hate lip synch'ing with a passion.

i watched a lot of HIStory gigs to notice a couple of playback errors.

i remember one performance on the HIStory tour for Billie Jean (i think), where the playback recording skipped pretty noticeably. i'll try and hunt for it, i remember laughing at how Mike dealt with it.

there was also one where Mike started singing but the tech forgot to cue in his playback vocals and it got delayed. embarrassing ish, i hate lip synch'ing with a passion.

Haha we know Michael be pissed too - he's a bad motherfu##er behind closed doors :D
I remember seeing this clip of him during the Bad tour, right before a show where they made a huddle and amped up each other (Michael and the dancers and what not).
Michael was like "Great job yesterday... I wish I could say the same for wardrobe... they made some mistakes"
Then he keeps on going like, you know Michael be bugged out by these things, haha.

I always wondered why people like Britney get chewed more on it by the media than Michael.

Last edited:
there was also one where Mike started singing but the tech forgot to cue in his playback vocals and it got delayed.

Lol! That was the third concert from the 1st leg, In Bucharest, Romania on September 14th 1996!...That particular show had a LOT of errors unfortunately.

Also, Stranger In Moscow from Seoul '96, At the start, firstly the lighting crew stuffed up and MJ is noticeably pissed! Then also the music wasn't loud enough and MJ is seen chastising his crew lol...

Lol! That was the third concert from the 1st leg, In Bucharest, Romania on September 14th 1996!...That particular show had a LOT of errors unfortunately.
hah! that's the one.

facepalm.gif

Haha oh snap... but everyday can't be a good day at work :D

You best believe that Michael pulled out the belt and whipped some ass after the concert :D

Also, Stranger In Moscow from Seoul '96, At the start, firstly the lighting crew stuffed up and MJ is noticeably pissed! Then also the music wasn't loud enough and MJ is seen chastising his crew lol...

MJ was sick during the concert at Seoul, his moonwalk isn't very good at all.

Billie Jean in Sydney and Munich the keyboardist messes up the trumpet part after the second "be careful what you do." In Munich the keyboardist messes up at both "be careful who you love" and second "be careful what you do," but the remixing of the audio corrected this. Munich's sound was heavily edited to make the drums sound like some new jack swing sort of style, like a gunshot.

Also HIStory Gothenburg, Scream. No playback for the first minute, but nobody notices I don't think there was a problem with playback, but there was a problem when it was recorded and broadcasted. The playback vocal's channel must have been shut down by accident for the first minute. Maybe even the possibility MJ sang live like Brunei but it was accidentally not recorded.

Back