Enrique Iglesias Says 'Beat It' To Michael Jackson on Dance Chart

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
With Enrique Iglesias' "Dirty Dancer" ascending to No. 1 on the Dance/Club Play Songs chart this week (chart dated Aug. 20), he not only earns his ninth No. 1, but pulls back ahead of Michael Jackson for the most No. 1s among men.

Iglesias had actually owned the record since Feb. 5, when his eighth chart-topper, "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)," danced its way to the top of the 35-year old chart, surpassing Jackson's then-seven No. 1s. However, the King of Pop notched his eighth No. 1 on June 11 with "Hollywood Tonight" from his 2010 posthumous album, "Michael."

Iglesias has seen all 15 of his Dance/Club Play hits reach the top 10, stretching back to his first hit, 1999's No. 1 "Bailamos." "Dirty" is his third chart-topper in a row following "I Like It" last year and "Tonight."

Madonna leads all artists with 40 Dance/Club Play Songs No. 1s, followed by Jackson's sister Janet with 19. In third place among men is Prince, with seven leaders.

"Dirty Dancer," a collaboration with Usher and features Lil Wayne, also gives Usher his first No. 1 on Dance/Club Play and Wayne his third leader. (All of Wayne's No. 1s have come courtesy of featured turns.)

Enrique Iglesias' Dance/Club Play No. 1s:
Title, Date reached No. 1, Weeks at No. 1
"Bailamos," Aug. 21, 1999, one week
"Be With You," May 6, 2000, one week
"Hero," Dec. 15, 2001, one week
"Escape," May 18, 2002, one week
"Not In Love" (featuring Kelis), April 10, 2004, one week
"Away" (featuring Sean Garrett), March 14, 2009, one week
"I Like It" (featuring Pitbull), Aug. 28, 2010, one week
"Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" (featuring Ludacris & DJ Frank E), Feb. 5, 2011, one week
"Dirty Dancer" (with Usher featuring Lil Wayne), Aug. 20, 2011, one week (to-date)

Michael Jackson's Dance/Club Play No. 1s:
Title, Date reached No. 1, Weeks at No. 1
"Thriller (all cuts)," Jan. 22, 1983, 11 weeks
"Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin' (Too Good to Be True)" (Jermaine Jackson & Michael Jackson), June 9, 1984, three weeks
"Bad (Remix)," Nov. 7, 1987, two weeks
"The Way You Make Me Feel," Jan. 30, 1988, one week
"In the Closet," June 13, 1992, one week
"Who Is It," May 22, 1993, one week
"Scream" (Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson), July 15, 1995, two weeks
"Hollywood Tonight," June 11, 2011, one week

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/enrique-iglesias-says-beat-it-to-michael-1005315622.story

Allow me to be the first to say that I don't even like half of Iglesias' songs that made #1.
^^^And yes, I agree that that is a rather rude title, but then again...

I think it's a rude title as well. But for the rest I don't care. Although I like Enrique Iglesias as well as Michael, to me Michael will always be number one among my favorite male singers. Michael is physically gone. But who knows what could happen with his next posthumous album? It could have a bunch of songs that go on to be hits or even classics. Anyway, the media are always trying to diminish Michael's talent by trying to build up anyone they can find as the next record-breaker or "King Of Pop" I'm used to their ways by now. But for me, there will always be only one person I care to call "The King Of Pop" no matter what. And that is Michael Jackson.

Notice how many weeks Iglesias stayed in the charts, and how many weeks MJ did. :D
And who fuck about the title, it was just a "journalist" trying to be funny. And he was.

Great! Are we supposed to congratulate him or something?

And fuck billboard. They are always trying to diminish Michael.

Back