Eminem's new album 'Recovery' leaked online

Screamin

Proud Member
Two weeks before the proper June 22 release of “Recovery,” Eminem’s highly-anticipated new studio album was leaked to the Internet late Monday.

By this morning buzz about the leaked files was reverberating from social networking sites like Twitter to mainstream musical outlets like MTV.com as music blogs raced to post quick-hitting reviews while other sites linked to the files.

Representatives from Em’s imprint Shady Records didn’t confirm the leak with the Free Press early this morning, but the audio files line up with the track listing and production notes that were released in late May.

Last week Em caught up with Paris’ Skyrock FM and talked about his big-name collaborations on “Recovery,” which includes the surprising banger “Won’t Back Down” with Pink, “Love the Way You Lie” with Rihanna, and the creeper “No Love” that features Lil Wayne opening the song that samples Haddaway’s 1993 club hit “What is Love,” made popular from the “Saturday Night Live” skit movie spin-off “A Night at the Roxbury” starring Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan.

“I felt like she would smash this record, so I gave her a call and she was with it,” Eminem told Skyrock FM of “Won’t Back Down” with Pink. Em said working with Rihanna on “Love the Way You Lie” was “one of those tracks that I felt only she could pull off.

“Both of the records, I guess you just got to hear them to know what they are,” he added of the Pink and RiRi collabs.

Eminem returned to the rap spotlight in 2009, dropping his sixth album “Relapse” after a five-year hiatus in which he battled drug addiction among other personal issues. “Relapse,” like most mainstream albums in the modern era, was also leaked about 10 days before its official release date. But that didn’t slow sales down too much as it debuted at No. 1 with 608,000 units sold in its first week and is currently around the 2-million sales mark.

“Recovery” is a departure in many ways from “Relapse.” The darker, confessional “Relapse” featured virtually all production work by the legendary Dr. Dre and the only guest spots were with 50 Cent and Dre on “Crack a Bottle.” Despite the dark content and mixed criticisms, it earned two Grammy awards.

The new album is executive-produced by Dre, but features a plethora of different producers, including former Ann Arbor resident Emile (”Going Through Changes”) and D12 beat-maker Mr. Porter (”On Fire”).

The buzz has been building these last few weeks toward the June 22 release: Eminem and Jay-Z announced May 13 at Comerica Park they would partner up for a blockbuster double-header home-and-home co-headlining stand with a Sept. 2 date at CoPa followed by a Sept. 13 show in Jay-Z’s New York neighborhood at Yankee Stadium.

Eminem also released the official music video for “Not Afraid,” the lead single from “Recovery,” on Saturday.

Source - Freep.com

I heard both the records with Rihanna and Pink and they both suck. The one with Pink sounds like a bunch of noise.

I heard parts of it earlier. I feel like this is finally a real return to form for Eminem. :D I'll be buying it for sure.

Back