Eminem new single - "Not Afraid"

Grand Master S

Proud Member

Not what I expected, but awesome shit.

EDIT: Replaced the link. Original video got taken down.

"I used to like Eminem but I lost my respect for him after the Just Lose It video."

There, now that I've typed it out, you people who appear in every Eminem thread with that like it's relevant to the topic are saved the trouble, and we can just talk about the song instead :).

Last edited:
Ahaa I just come on to post this.
This song is absolutely amazing. I was expecting some commercial shit.
This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We Made You
This and Despicable really does blow anything from Relapse out the water. Theres only a few songs off Relapse that I like. Not even bought his last 2 albums so I can say things are lookin up haha. The GOAT(in hip hop) is back. :) Good times

People stuck with the hate from Just Lose It.... all I can say is I feel sorry if you can't listen to such a talent because of that. Thats all. :)

Edit: Suggestion to make this the "Recovery" album thread?

^ Fine by me. I was just about to add this to the thread anyway:

1:25 onward... holy shit.

Never been able to get into rap, but Em seems driven. He has the anger/angst that put together with actual rapping ability does stand out to me. When I see him, his eyes, his words, there is real and credible torture somewhere in his soul that is lashing out to me. Not saying that any other rapper isn't feeling the same level of hurt/pain/injustice/frustration, just that I really can personally sense the insanity of the world when I listen to him.

Does it excuse the Michael references he's made, no, I don't understand or condone it except for what I think is the mental highs/lows/mental turmoil and at times insanity he has gone through and acknowledged.

I just heard Not Afraid and it sounds great to me!

Never been able to get into rap, but Em seems driven. He has the anger/angst that put together with actual rapping ability does stand out to me. When I see him, his eyes, his words, there is real and credible torture somewhere in his soul that is lashing out to me. Not saying that any other rapper isn't feeling the same level of hurt/pain/injustice/frustration, just that I really can personally sense the insanity of the world when I listen to him.

Well said and I agree.

Its ok, It'll grow on me, Em didn't murk the track like he usually does but his 3rd verse was dope, the beat was originally intended for rapper Maino, I think hes talking that 'redemption' route on that new album like T.I did, its gonna be interesting though to see how the albums turns out, production from Just Blaze, Dj Khalil and of course the Doctor

Omg. I LOVE Eminem, and when I heard this song...I kind of didn't expect it, but I love it nonetheless.

I've overplayed it already though.

Back