email from Sony?

firebird

Proud Member
I receved this email earlier today. Did any one else?
the survey seems to be linked to sony wanting opinions on possible album covers etc. 'New' album of our old favourites? surely not.
Anyone know anything more?
Thanks

-----------------------------------------------

Hi,

This is an official email from Michael Jackson HQ. Do you have a few moments to
help us by answering some questions about Michael Jackson?

Everyone who fills in and returns this questionnaire by the end of the day on
Thursday 12th June will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Amazon
voucher (Please see terms and conditions below).

LINK REMOVED - Website of link is a VIRUS

Regards
Michael Jackson HQ

www.michaeljackson.com
www.sonybmgmusic.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I only liked the 3rd album cover as the previous 2 looked liked it belonged with the No1s compilation.

ooo goody, another compilation :clap:

i cant even hardly wait ... Then again, Yes I can :hysterical:

I've just made it.

There wasn't much to it really.

But - the thing about the sleeve was quite interesting. - Will the really make yet anther compilation?? or what is that about?

Says at the end you've been put into a prize draw yet no where along the line do you give them any details, weird?!

^ ^^^^^

That's what makes me feel this can't be official! - I mean, people here on this board has made some sleeves that was 10003 times better than all of those 3 in the survey.

What was that all about?! Those 'covers' are awful...not creative at all

that is what I said in the comment box. I told them I picked the best of the three but that they all were lacking in originality and looked cheap, as well as repetitive.
:fortuneteller:seeing a number 2's compilation :lol:

OK, yeah had to tell them they suck and to come to MJJCommunity.com for some originality :lol:

How is it a drawing if they never asked for email or anything? Did I miss something?

I said it too on the comment box...those covers suck big time!
Funny how they ask for no details but promise a prize...lmao...

Says at the end you've been put into a prize draw yet no where along the line do you give them any details, weird?!

That IS strange. Is there a way for a site to determine/track where a person logging unto that site is from, email wise?

Something just feels kind of odd about the whole thing, just doesn't seem like much time was put into the sleeves, the lack of asking for info, ie participant's email address, etc. :blink:

Whats Michael Jackson HQ (Head Quarters) anyway?

^^ Plus, this is comming from Sony right?
Shouldn't everyone who's subscribed to MJ's website get the e-mail? I didn't.

This survey was put out by an independent research firm, it's at the bottom of the pages on the survey. I emailed them and asked how a respondent would be contacted regarding the "prize" since no contact info was requested. Let's see if I get a response of some sort from them.

Last edited:
This makes me mad. Another shitty compilation album will be dropped. This time it's Michael Jackson; The Dutch Collection.

This really pisses me off..

Glad you found it as strange as I did.
what is confusing me is - how did they get my email. i have joined here & have looked at the sony site but did not leave details. I have brought from Amazon but can't see the connection.

This survey was put out by an independent research firm, it's at the bottom of the pages on the survey. I emailed them and asked how a respondent would be contacted regarding the "prize" since no contact info was requested. Let's see if I get a response of some sort from them.

Why wouldn't they contact you by e-mail or isn't that linked in the survey?

So am I right to assume this is for Dutch fans only or does it mean something else?

Could someone check the codes on the website to see if its legit?

Last edited:
They obviously don't need to ask for contact details if the survey was sent by email.

.... survey.php?sid=977027357&data=MJ429

The URL includes the survery number 9770273357
And the MJ429 is presumably the user number to identify who took part and naturally their details will be entered into the draw.

Unfortunatly posting it here probably means firebirds choices in the survery have been overidden by everyone else. :smilerolleyes:

It looks fake to me, doesnt look to be from Sony at all

If its fake then someones put alot of trouble into it. If its real, it seems fake :lol:

The covers are cheap and tacky

Why can't there be stable communication between Sony BMG and the fanbase?

I've removed the link

that website has a virus and was corrupting browsers.

The competion is a farce as there was no legal or legitimate disclaimers for the competition.

Sorry about that guys :flowers:

Thanks L.J. :flowers: I filled it out and went "how on earth do they know how to "notify me"? :lol:

Back