El DeBarge sent to 2-year prison term for crack cocaine possession

troubleman84

Proud Member
SOURCE: TMZ

2woiouc.jpg

Singer El DeBarge in prison jumpsuit, Oct. 28, 2008

El DeBarge will spend the next two years feeling the rhythm of the night behind bars in connection with a recent drug bust in L.A.

The pop star was just sentenced to two years in state prison -- starting right this second. Authorities are currently taking him to California State Prison in Lancaster where he will immediately begin his sentence.

The judge decided his conduct during the drug bust earlier this month -- in which DeBarge was allegedly found with crack cocaine on his person -- was enough to violate the probation he was on from a drug case in 2007.

Last edited:
Re: Sad news for DeBarge Family Fans: El DeBarge sent to 2-year prison term for crack cocaine posses

I guess getting parole is out, i hope his family prays for him, God forbid he winds up with the same fate as Bobby did which led to him getting out of prison early, we all know sadly how that turned out. Thanks Timmy for the update :flowers:

Re: Sad news for DeBarge Family Fans: El DeBarge sent to 2-year prison term for crack cocaine posses

Aw, that's sad. That family makes what the Jacksons have been thru look like a cakewalk. Drugs have really messed up that family.

Pretty sad. I enjoy DeBarge quite a bit. I also like Chico DeBarge. Somewhat of an underrated R&B artist.

Ah, this is sad news. All this time and he still has the problem.

That is so sad... I think they are a talented family..... @ Mello 1, congradulations for voting for history... Sorry, I had to throw that out.......

Very sad, sorry to hear about that.

it's now 4 members of the debarge family that have done time in jail for doing drugs shame great music love chico debarge albums

I do not agree with imprisoning people for having drugs. they need to help them off the drugs instead of imprisoning them. It is ridiculous, especially when they get more drugs in prison anyway.

According to a Vibe article from earlier this year, their problems has something to do with their father. Bunny has a Myspace page, it's interesting. Although I haven't been to it in awhile.

According to a Vibe article from earlier this year, their problems has something to do with their father. Bunny has a Myspace page, it's interesting. Although I haven't been to it in awhile

Almost the whole family does, regarding myspace profiles. I have that Vibe magazine issue and it is pretty sad. Bunny and the mother were going to release a book about the family but it either was not release yet or was release and nothing came of it.

It is really sad what is happening to El DeBarge. That is a talented but messed up family. Damn is really all I can say.

Don't know who he is, but that's really sad.
You never heard of the DeBarges? Jermaine discovered them and Switch (which had some other DeBarge siblings) and brought them to Motown and also produced some of their stuff. LaToya used to date older brother Bobby and Janet eloped with James. El also did some work with Quincy Jones and Fourplay (a jazz group).

Back