ebay paypal ?

moonchild

Proud Member
Just wondering if anyone knows what happens if you buy something off ebay and the seller states they do not refund for lost packages in the listing do paypal overide the sellers decision even though it has been stated clearly. I am wondering about this as i am fed up of ppl making false claims for non receipt and am trying to find a way of protecting myself i know i could just send all items registered as this way ppl could not make false claims but i think this makes it so much more expensive to the buyer.

Ummm i'm not really sure but i ALWAYS include that if they don't opt for the insurance on the package then its at their own risk. if ur selling something expensive than i'd include the insurance to protect yourself as well as the buyer.

oh lemmi throw in that I once sold an MJ poster (like 15 bucks i think) and the buyer claimed that the box was shredded when it arrived. They didn't get the insurance. I was nice and said well send it back then i'll refund or at the least send me a picture for proof... as it was virtually impossible that this could have happened as they said. needless to say they never did either and i'm sure they're enjoying their poster to this day LOL

Last edited:
In america does your regular post include tracking or is this something you have to pay for ontop of the regular price. In the uk first class does not provide a tracking number hence the number of claims for non receipt of goods because you cant prove you sent it even if you kept the receipt it is so annoying.

In the USA tracking is an extra charge with most shipping. If you are selling something then including that you are not responsible is the safest option. You can also make it mandatory for them to purchase the insurance as well. I state I'm not responsible and leave the insurance as an option for them if they want it.

If you are buying and insurance wasn't an option then I think you have a case but if it was an option and you didn't take it I'm not sure. You can always select the help feature on ebay and ask them :yes:

it's just i keep getting claims for non receipt of goods and i am sick of it it is costing me a fortune as i know you can claim back from post office but this takes ages and so far they have lost all my claims, so i now state in my listings i do not refund on lost parcels if the item is not sent recorded delivery but paypal just ignores this and refunds the buyer this is not fair.

As of today i will be sending all items by recorded delivery this makes me very sad as i realise it is only a small percentage of ebayers that make false claims and also items do get lost but all the little claims soon add up. It seems paypal will side with the buyer even if you state that you do not refund so this is the only way to stop so many claims being made.

Back