Easyjet Handbagage

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten something for me, I just booked a return flight with Easyjet from Glasgow to London Gatwick leaving on the 25th of September and coming back on the 26th. During my booking I didn't require any suitcases to be checked in as I will only be taking my Rucksack (Well it is only one night) will my Rucksack be ok to go on the Plane because Easyjet state that only 1 item of carry-on luggage is allowed on the Aircraft and my Rucksack should fit in the over-head compartments no problem I just worried if I have to pay extra at the Airport.

This Rucksack is similar to the one I have but this one is slightly bigger than mines

New_York_Yankees_0251.jpg

yeah, I think it should be okay. just make sure you don't have any sharp objects or liquids, because they will be taken from you at the security check. Also, check their site for the luggage weight requirements (usually it's 5-7 kg). If your bag is heavier, carry it with a smile on your face as if you're carrying a pillow, lol

yeah, I think it should be okay. just make sure you don't have any sharp objects or liquids, because they will be taken from you at the security check. Also, check their site for the luggage weight requirements (usually it's 5-7 kg). If your bag is heavier, carry it with a smile on your face as if you're carrying a pillow, lol

lol all I will be carrying is a change of clothes, I-Pod & Phone Charger and thats pretty much it.

Good luck with the bag and have a safe flight!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's what I always do!!! :lol: I always end up buying WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many books when I travel (I can't walk past a bookstore without going in and I ALWAYS find books that interest me too much to just leave them there!! :lol:). So my suitcase always ends up way too heavy, so instead I just put all the books in my backpack and drag them home that way. And always make an effort to stand up straight and swing my backpack with ease (or at least pretend :lol:) when I have to lift it or put it on so that it's not obvious it weighs a TON!! :lol: :lol: And usually I have this "make up case" with me too...that has all kinds of stuff from my iPod to all my cell phone chargers and iPod chargers to more books and DVDs (can't travel without some DVDs and books! :lol:) and just all kinds of stuff and weighs a ton also. AND I have my handbag with tons of stuff stuffed into it. :lol: And I often have a plastic bag with souveniers and stuff with me too. :lol: I usually hold the make up case behind me under the backpack when I go in so that it's not that visible, and when I go in I swing it in front of me so that it's not visible at the back! :lol: So far I've had no problems. Then again, I usually always travel with "normal" airlines that are a bit more relaxed on the bag restrictions than the low cost airlines. (I've rarely paid for overweight suitcases unless it was like 20 pounds over....usually it depends how full the plane is...if it was half empty they usually didn't care if the bag was overweight. If the plane was packed they were more strict...but most of the times even if the plane was full and my bag was about 5-10 pounds too heavy they never said anything...). :D

Last edited:
I always see people with small suitcases or trolleys as hand bagage. Which are bigger then it's stated on the sites about the maximum size of hand bagage. So you should be fine with that bag.

Its about 5kg for hand luggage. I've flown with Easyjet many times and its 5kg for hand luggage, you pay extra to take a case so you're fine.

that bag you have should be fine! one time my handbag was too big and heavy lol imagine that...a HANDBAG! rofl!!! :lol:
thats just cus i bought too much stuff!! haha

no you dont pay anything for hand luggage. you only pay for checked in baggage ie if a suitcase is going in the hold. on their website it gives the dimensions that you are allowed to carry on as hand luggage.your rucksack will be fine.

Back