Earth Song tribute 2010

Angela_MJJ

Proud Member
I searched for a post about this but couldn't find it so...

Jackie talked about this on twitter

JackieJackson5 Just saw this wonderful video with very talented singers, that I want to share

[youtube]JnfHUaitf-Q&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Last edited:
it's nice... as a tribute.
But really, they just put the whole song into a r&b song and so is the strong message gone.
Why Earth song? (one of my all time favorites)
If you care about the planet, then don't ruin a classic, make a new one. Hype the song/video and i'm sure the video will get alot of attention.

You can't improve upon perfection and that is Michael - pure perfection. People should leave well alone, especially earth song - only Michael could make the message real to us. How awful.

Group Of Upcoming Hollywood Artists Recreate Michael Jackson's "Earth Song"

Watch the video here:

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhX08ex8PnvBGN5HW7

"A group of young Hollywood artists came together to recreate MJ's Earth Song and there is no denying... the Magic was in the studio. 50/50 music group's Dani Wright was inspired by MJ and found it necessary to bring her talented friends together to honor and pay tribute to the King of Pop with this 2010 video remake of "Earth Song". Not only is this a tribute to the King, but it is a call to action, and a recognition of the times we are living in. Don't simply watch this video,share it with your friends, family, and the world to help renew and live out the legacy created by the world's greatest entertainer, Michael Jackson. Long Live the King. Produced By: Dani' Wright Directed by: Prophet Shot By: Ed Magic and Basim Abdel'Aziz Edited & Produced by: Michael Melendy" - Wright

I liked it until they got to the rap part. Why does every song have to have a rap section? It just sounds really out of place.

Other than that, I liked it.

Michael Jackson's "Earth Song" REMAKE 2010

[youtube]JnfHUaitf-Q[/youtube]

A group of young Hollywood artists came together to recreate MJ's Earth Song and there is no denying... the Magic was in the studio. 50/50 music group's Dani Wright was inspired by MJ and found it necessary to bring her talented friends together to honor and pay tribute to the King of Pop with this 2010 video remake of "Earth Song". Not only is this a tribute to the King, but it is a call to action, and a recognition of the times we are living in. Don't simply watch this video,share it with your friends, family, and the world to help renew and live out the legacy created by the world's greatest entertainer, Michael Jackson. Long Live the King.

Produced By: Dani' Wright
Directed by: Prophet
Shot By: Ed Magik and Basim Abdel'Aziz
Edited & Produced by: Michael Melendy

50/50 Music Group copyright 2010
A Dani Wright Production.
In Parnership with the Hip Hop Global Reach Foundation

**CONTRIBUTING VOCALIST**

Justin Walker
Ashlegh Rae
Miss Queen LaRae
Libby
Luke James
Cornelio Austin
Chantel Christie
Eric B.
Kaitlen Howard
Jimi James
Dani Wright
Corey Mekell
Compton
Brian
Carlysia Levert
Stevie Mackey
J. Doe
IROCC
Milo Stokes
Amanda Ward
JD Thompson

Song Produced By: ‎​Recordz, DLoc, JFree &Preach

Song: Mixed By: Knotch

www.myspace.com/danismusicpage
www.twitter.com/daniwright

Re: Michael Jackson's "Earth Song" REMAKE 2010

The instrumental track does not have the power the original has, simply computer drumprogramming. Vocals are good, but they can never get the emotion of MJ. This song from MJ should have been untouched and not been covered.

that was good!

Beautiful

Wow. What a pleasant surprise! I rarely, rarely, rarely, rarely like covers of songs period, but I really liked this. Of course it's no MJ and no one can match his vocal coloring, etc...but I thought this was really well done. I enjoyed it more than the Grammy version - which resembled an American Idol belting match a little too much :ph34r:. These guys' musicality was so much better and the arc of the song was there. (I hated that the Grammys only had a section and didn't show the whole video, because the message was left incomplete. MJ is such a storyteller, you have to watch and listen from beginning to end to get what he's saying.) I thought their voices sounded great and I even liked the rap bit, it worked. The video was perfect too. It was all very tastefully done. Beautiful. I think he'd love it. :)

the last two minutes and the video was good other than that i didn't really dig it

Got a bit teary eyed watching it. Damn good job.!!! Those kids put their hearts and souls into it.

Last edited:

This is really good. I think Michael would love it. He was so passionate
about his concern for the earth--to see young, motivated people honoring him
like this is terrific.

....Wow. That truly took my breath away! I was expecting the typical 'remake' but that was something completely out of this world! You can tell it was really well-thought out and the effort which has been put into it... makes me wish i could sing like that!

Magnifico, 5 stars. I know Michael would be proud. It was perfect in every sense of the word and the clips were very well put together. Awesome.

The instrumental track does not have the power the original has, simply computer drumprogramming. Vocals are good, but they can never get the emotion of MJ. This song from MJ should have been untouched and not been covered.
Obviously the purpose of this was totally lost on you.

I thought it was awesome! Great way to keep the legacy alive and spread the message Michael was trying to give.

A great tribute IMO.

They obviously respect MJ a LOT. - A positive tribute like this is great.

you know what? I am sick. the world never accepted this song, they called it lame etc. - most of them ,at least. and now they cover it. i wanna puke.

damn, can people stop intimidating those who don't have the same opinions as their own...

and, i wish people would stop assuming what MJ would and would not like. we're not him...

if someone wants to like the remake..fine..if someone doesn't like it...fine...

the most insulting thing is when one person thinks they know what's in someone else's mind.

That was indeed BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Now, is the time we
MUST ALL LIFT OUR VOICES TO SAVE, PLANET, EARTH.

Back