Earliest Known Photograph of Michael Jackson Performing....? ( & photo rights, & ownership/ history)

myosotis

Proud Member
I just noticed this has come up for sale on e-bay. I'm not sure it is the earliest photo I have seen from books...but the interesting thing is that this was formerly owned by Henry Vaccaro, and comes with licensing rights.
I had thought that the photographer / owner usually granted licensing rights..so if this is a family photo, I imagine it was (someone in) the family who granted these rights...but it seems to sit oddly with the Vaccaro history...unless this was sold to Mann? (is that right?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Earliest-Known-...19933?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item4aab46bdbd

Earliest Known Photograph of Michael Jackson Performing with The Jackson 5

Comes with Rights to licensing Image

This One of a Kind Home Image is the Earliest Known Photograph of
The Legendary Michael Joe Jackson Performing with his Brothers.

Very Good Condition Glossy Photo on heavy backing measuring 4-1/4” x 3-3/8”

Comes with Certificate of Authenticity from former Owner Henry Vaccaro owner of the Worlds Largest Collection of Michael Jackson and Jackson Family Memorabilia Collection

Also comes with Bill Of Sale, which will convey the Photographic Licensing Use.
One of A Kind
Never duplicated or reproduced other than the scanned watermarked image in this listing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't posted the photo as it is almost too small to see, even on ebay.

(Interestingly the chap (I assume it is a man) selling this also sells cherry pickers..)

Re: Earliest Known Photograph of Michael Jackson Performing....? ( & photo rights, & ownership/ hist

This picture seems to be from the same day as well (taken in early 1968).

med_gallery_926_114_14235.jpg

But damn $25,000? I've seen authentic worn clothing items go for less!

Re: Earliest Known Photograph of Michael Jackson Performing....? ( & photo rights, & ownership/ hist

$25,000 for a picture. :sigh:

This picture seems to be from the same day as well (taken in early 1968).

But damn $25,000? I've seen authentic worn clothing items go for less!

Thank you for posting...even the oldest brothers look so young.

I want that picture so bad but would never pay that much for it lol

I guess it comes with publishing rights, but 25 thousand is still too much

aww..look how cute Michael looked..:).......that is way to much money for a picture...:(

I think that they are suggesting that with the publishing rights, you could make money from the image... but 25,000... Wow!! You would need something a bit more than what looks like one of a few pictures taken on the same day!!

Back