Duelling Violins dance video

This is one of my favorite videos on youtube and after you watch it, I think you'll understand why. The music is the perfect choice for the clips chosen and it's an amazing showcase of Michael's dancing, along with Fred Astaire, Sammy Davis Jr., Gene Kelly and others. I never feel like people who put dance compilation videos together for Michael choose the right clips, but this person did for sure. The other dancers in this video, that's the company Michael is in as a dancer and this video highlights that very well. Plus it just makes you feel good! lol. Check it out.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=pTKzJpa2fO8

Last edited:
I think there shoulda been some more michael in it

cool video though

I really enjoyed watching this! A lot of really wonderful dancing. :D

I have always preferred Fred's dancing over Gene's, but I was impressed with some of the moves of Gene's in this clip. I really think it's visually fun, too, when Gene and Donald are danicng on the chairs. So synchronized. Very sharp.

Not too long ago on YouTube I watched that Frank Sinatra TV Special where Sammy and Peter Lawford dance together, which a bit is seen here. Frank's daughter, Nancy, was so young in it, too (and hadn't gotten her "These Boots are Made For Walkin'" look yet. Haha).

I'm still trying to figure out who that brunette is that Fred is dancing with more than one time in this video. Do you happen to know, wannabestartinsomthin21? And, btw, thanks for posting this. :)

I soooo wish you could see dancing like this today and not have to go to a musical to see it! Fred, Gene & Sammy........wonderful. So synchronized!

Thank you for the video!

I think the bruenette might be Cyde Charisse or Jane Powell, though I'm not positive.

Anyway, these other dancers in the clip are the dancers Michael's name should be mentioned along with, not todays jokes like Usher or Chris Brown. Those people don't compare. But Michael does.

Last edited:
you know, I allways reckon MJ shoulda done some fred astair type of films and made movies that were based around his dancing skills, I know he made Ghosts and all but I wish he had done some more stuff int hat area

You and me both Chaos. My big dream is to see Michael do a feature length musical where he can compose the songs, choreograph the dance numbers and sing and dance both. That would be the ideal vehicle for him to really showcase his talent. Maybe someday.

And see, that would be awesome, unlike when Madonna did Evita and sang every line in the movie. By the end I wanted to kill myself, lol. But with Michael, that would be, in the words of Paris Hilton, hot.

And see, that would be awesome, unlike when Madonna did Evita and sang every line in the movie. By the end I wanted to kill myself, lol. But with Michael, that would be, in the words of Paris Hilton, hot.

yeah lol, sometimes when he says a few sentences i feel like he's gonna break into song.. got a musical sound to his speaking voice, julie andrews is like that as well.

Back