Don't worry about sales! next single will reach more people!

Vlens

Proud Member
I think the album is underperforming cause of 3 reasons:

1. Fans not agreeing on the vocals and casio's songs! A lot of boycotting (not everyone of the non-believers!!!)

2. Hold my hand is a beautiful song, but too little MJ and not uptempo enough. We haven't heard it on the radio alot.

3. Not enough promotion

But now, with monster being the next single, al lot of non-fans will come in contact with MJ's new album.
i know their is controversy surrounding this track, but many agree it's a potential huge hit!
I believe it will be played much much more then HMH, and maybe we get a real chance for a number 1!

What do you guys think? There is a lot of panicking lattely about sales! Let's make sure we have a huge hit on our hands with monster!!! Maybe MICHAEL will sell very good!

Point is, it isn"t our only chance to get a MJ's album number 1.
Maybe next album with songs people believe really is MJ? First single slave to the rythm, second blue ganster, ... But that's for then.... let's just enjoy the album and don"t get all worried by sales :)

I do care about sale and I will buy three copies more tomorrow -sent to US address- in order to help Michael reach No1

I wanna slap those who are boycotting and making Mike look bad.

Shame on you !!!!!!!!!

Everyone who is boycotting the album should be banned from this forum (my opinion). It is so sad.. Why boycott the album when you can buy it for just 10$ and give Michael another world record. Every album counts.. Keep buying the album and singles!

I will not buy the album. (I RESPECT WHO WANTS TO BUY IT) I really think than Sony is trying to deceive us again, you just have to watch 9 years ago. INVINCIBLE! What happened with it?

The Michael's album have a LOT of promotion (just watch the giant poster in the UK, It's a new Guinnes Record).

If this album haven't got the Cascio's song I'll be provable in the CD'S store buying it.

I think the album is underperforming cause of 3 reasons:

1. Fans not agreeing on the vocals and casio's songs! A lot of boycotting (not everyone of the non-believers!!!)

2. Hold my hand is a beautiful song, but too little MJ and not uptempo enough. We haven't heard it on the radio alot.

3. Not enough promotion

But now, with monster being the next single, al lot of non-fans will come in contact with MJ's new album.
i know their is controversy surrounding this track, but many agree it's a potential huge hit!
I believe it will be played much much more then HMH, and maybe we get a real chance for a number 1!

What do you guys think? There is a lot of panicking lattely about sales! Let's make sure we have a huge hit on our hands with monster!!! Maybe MICHAEL will sell very good!

Point is, it isn"t our only chance to get a MJ's album number 1.
Maybe next album with songs people believe really is MJ? First single slave to the rythm, second blue ganster, ... But that's for then.... let's just enjoy the album and don"t get all worried by sales :)

First off, I don't think there is any such thing as a "non-Michael Jackson fan" who listens to American popular music.

Secondly, there is a difference between appreciating MJ the legend and wanting to listen to new material. I have nothing but great respect for Prince and his music. But I haven't purchased a Prince album since 1995. Still, I'll bust out When Doves Cry or Little Red Corvette. So, while people ran out to purchase No. 1s after MJ's death to re-connect with Rock With You, Billie Jean and Man in the Mirror, those same people are not going to race to get "Michael." It's not legendary. It's just another album, to them.

Michael Jackson was 50. There aren't many pop stars at 50. You can't expect kids to run out and spend what little money they have on MJ over Taylor Swift, Usher, Bieber, Bruno Mars, etc. It's not logical. Just like it wasn't logical for me in the early 1980s to purchase Stevie Wonder or Paul McCartney over Michael.

People love MJ. But they love the MJ they remember, not the MJ being sold to them post Dangerous.

HIStory = Too angry.
Invincible = He was far too strange to people by then.

Now, he's passed so people ignore the oddities but that doesn't mean they are going to run out and purchase a CD of new music.

Monster will probably be a hit. But Hold My Hand should have been a hit, too. It's a great song. Better than everything in the Top 10 right now. But radio stations who play music for kids 14-28 are not going to trip over themselves to play an MJ record.

First off, I don't think there is any such thing as a "non-Michael Jackson fan" who listens to American popular music.

Secondly, there is a difference between appreciating MJ the legend and wanting to listen to new material. I have nothing but great respect for Prince and his music. But I haven't purchased a Prince album since 1995. Still, I'll bust out When Doves Cry or Little Red Corvette. So, while people ran out to purchase No. 1s after MJ's death to re-connect with Rock With You, Billie Jean and Man in the Mirror, those same people are not going to race to get "Michael." It's not legendary. It's just another album, to them.

Michael Jackson was 50. There aren't many pop stars at 50. You can't expect kids to run out and spend what little money they have on MJ over Taylor Swift, Usher, Bieber, Bruno Mars, etc. It's not logical. Just like it wasn't logical for me in the early 1980s to purchase Stevie Wonder or Paul McCartney over Michael.

People love MJ. But they love the MJ they remember, not the MJ being sold to them post Dangerous.

HIStory = Too angry.

Now, he's passed so people ignore the oddities but that doesn't mean they are going to run out and purchase a CD of new music.

Monster will probably be a hit. But Hold My Hand should have been a hit, too. It's a great song. Better than everything in the Top 10 right now. But radio stations who play music for kids 14-28 are not going to trip over themselves to play an MJ record.

Haha, I'm 15 and I don't fit into that stereotype.
I get what you're saying though, most of my friends probably aren't gonna go out and buy the album....which leaves me to get it for them! :D

Haha, I'm 15 and I don't fit into that stereotype.
I get what you're saying though, most of my friends probably aren't gonna go out and buy the album....which leaves me to get it for them! :D

Ha Ha. Good for you.

Think of it like this, people - We want record buyers in the prime demographic of 12-28 (somewhere in there) to purchase music from someone who is not only dead, but was older than some of their parents when he died.

How many people out there listen to artists who are older than their parents???

^ lol good for you...

^^ I totally agree, and when you look at it like that, it's great that MICHAEL, a non holiday, non "commercial", "older" (not to mention dead, RIP) artists' album with no "radio hits" might still debut at number 1 next week.

monster will be bigger especially for non fans then Hold my hand is!

i wanna slap those who are boycotting and making mike look bad.

Shame on you !!!!!!!!!

everyone who is boycotting the album should be banned from this forum (my opinion). It is so sad.. Why boycott the album when you can buy it for just 10$ and give michael another world record. Every album counts.. Keep buying the album and singles!

this!

Is it not a bit pointless to discuss this before the album has had a chance to enter the charts?? do we have a clue how much it has been selling, and if it is in fact under-performing?

Everyone who is boycotting the album should be banned from this forum (my opinion). It is so sad.. Why boycott the album when you can buy it for just 10$ and give Michael another world record. Every album counts.. Keep buying the album and singles!

I know it's just your opinion but I do not agree one bit, I have bought the album, but being a fan does not mean you have to buy every single product released in your idols name... no one should be forced to buy something they are not going to enjoy...

Monster for sure is the next single? Maybe that might get more attention. Radio only wants to play certain people I notice. It's not the same anymore. I think if people have concerns over the 3 songs than they should at least support the other 7. Even his own family I can't remember which nephew said he supports the album and he complained on twitter.

I'm hoping the next album that will come out later, won't cause disagreements. Hopefully we will all be able to enjoy it without fighting with each other. :| I do see your point into thinking Monster will be a potential hit though. :) It's an upbeat track with a nice chorus too.

I will go even further and say that monster might become number 1! It has a really good chance IMO

HIStory = Too angry.

Yes, I agree with it. But I still think this album could have been handled much better. It's not a good start to p*ss off the hard core fans for a start. Hard core fans may be a small group compared to the mainstream audience but they make the first verdict! Mainstream will only pick up the album if they like the songs on it. They will only have a chance to like them if the music media play them. The media will only play them if initial sales are going well. Initial sales will only go well if hard core fans go out and buy it in the first weeks of the release.

So I really think Sony's strategy has been horrible with this album. To include controversial songs which p*ssed off half of the hard core fan base. (And it really did compromise first week sales and eventually the potential future success of this album!) Not only that but to start promotion with one of these controversial songs (BN)! Then first single (HMH) is one that won't set the world on a fire either. And next that is planned is yet another controversial one (Monster).....

I think it could really have been handled better more cleverly by Sony.

monster will be bigger especially for non fans then Hold my hand is!

It will be interesting to see how Monster will do. Because a lot of people here say mainstream will like it. But a lot of hard core fans don't like it (because of the controversy and all). So I think many fans won't buy it, but will and can non-fans make it a hit without a part of the hard core fans? It'll be interesting.

Back