Dome Project Question

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
Is it already out of post-production and the big one:

WILL IT EVER BE RELEASED?

Thank you!:cheeky:

Never heard of it what is it about?

Before Michael passed away, he recorded a 3D project (Thriller and Earth song) videos to be played at the "This Is It" Concerts screens ..

We will get to see them at the "THIS IS IT" MOVIE, but the thing i really want to know is, the dome project is recorded in 3D, how we going to watch it in 3D If the rest is normal shot ?!

otherwise, they will not include the dome project shots

Before Michael passed away, he recorded a 3D project (Thriller and Earth song) videos to be played at the "This Is It" Concerts screens ..

We will get to see them at the "THIS IS IT" MOVIE, but the thing i really want to know is, the dome project is recorded in 3D, how we going to watch it in 3D If the rest is normal shot ?!

otherwise, they will not include the dome project shots
Actually the 3D bits aren't going to be in the movie now apparently:

"The filmmakers initially intended to include some 3-D footage but have dropped that plan."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iANuIHqB437yCLYq33uK-DRoQqXAD9A6U26O1

"Contrary to earlier reports, the filmmakers confirmed that “This Is It” will not contain sequences shot in 3-D."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...-jackson-movie-opening-moved-up-two-days.html

The Dome project always reminds of when I first misread it months ago as the Doom project... :mello:

I don't think the TII movie will contain as much rehearsal footage as we are led to believe, I bet they'll be more documentary clips between the footage than you'd want.

myfavouritewintercoat,
I don't want to believe you, but my guess is you're right about your prediction. :(

It is possible to mix 3d shots with non 3d footage. Although it would mean sending 3d glasses out with every screening. If TII gets a dvd release,im sure they will put it on that.

It is possible to mix 3d shots with non 3d footage. Although it would mean sending 3d glasses out with every screening. If TII gets a dvd release,im sure they will put it on that.

Well the whole reason it was shot in 3d was for the audience at the o2, so I am guessing it would be a case of 3d glasses on........3d glasses off, like 200 watts lol

I don't think the TII movie will contain as much rehearsal footage as we are led to believe, I bet they'll be more documentary clips between the footage than you'd want.

that's what im thinkin of as, i will hate it if it has too much of the doc and not enough of michael in it

My guess is Michael was not on the stage dancing a lot during rehearsals. There were days he went and never took the stage. I think the most "stage" time is in the last two days at Staples :(

If it turned out to be more of a documentary and not so much the performance...I'll demand a refund

It will definitely include more rehearsal than anything. The whole point of the release is to show what This Is It would have been. My guess is it will start with a song being rehearsed, then a clip behind-the-scenes, then another song etc.

Back