Does In The Closet even have a bassline?

Yeah its one of those songs where you cant really hear whats happening:) Don’t get me wrong i love in the closet:)

Yes. But it's practically mixed out of the album version. Listen to the Teddy Riley early mixes and you can hear it better. Even better, if you listen to the Dangerous DVD 5.1 surround mixes stems, channel 4 is the subwoofer stem, turn it up and you can hear the bass clearly. It's funky

Listen to 'In The Closet (Radio Edit)' on The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection. I never understood whether or not that is a remix, or just a different (early?) version with bassline. I love that version by the way, it's really groovy.

(Does anyone know the story behind this 'edit'?)

Yes. But it's practically mixed out of the album version. Listen to the Teddy Riley early mixes and you can hear it better. Even better, if you listen to the Dangerous DVD 5.1 surround mixes stems, channel 4 is the subwoofer stem, turn it up and you can hear the bass clearly. It's funky
Where do I hear the early Teddy Riley mixes? Do you have a link?

Even better, if you listen to the Dangerous DVD 5.1 surround mixes stems, channel 4 is the subwoofer stem, turn it up and you can hear the bass clearly. It's funky
This is basically the only thing that could persuade me to rebuy any MJ stuff. I simply want better quality and new ways to listen to the albums.

At this point, I doubt I'll ever buy any more MJ music that isn't in 5.1 or Atmos.

Back