Does Dangerous(song) not have a bassline?

Synth bass I think. Although, the first version of the song was actually Streetwalker and the track came from the bad sessions in 1986. More work was being done in 1988, even though it was not included in the final cut. The bassline and groove of Streetwalker were used by Bill Bottrell to write the music for Dangerous. From September 1990 to February 1991, Michael recorded the initial iterations of the Dangerous demo, some of which are still similar to the original song. Around this time, Teddy Riley became a part of the production.

Synth bass I think. Although, the first version of the song was actually Streetwalker and the track came from the bad sessions in 1986. More work was being done in 1988, even though it was not included in the final cut. The bassline and groove of Streetwalker were used by Bill Bottrell to write the music for Dangerous. From September 1990 to February 1991, Michael recorded the initial iterations of the Dangerous demo, some of which are still similar to the original song. Around this time, Teddy Riley became a part of the production.
I can hear the synth bass on StreetWalker and the original demo of Dangerous.

But not the album version.

You can hear it almost in solo between 1:00 and 1:01 (official YouTube channel). It's just three notes (two different notes). And I think it's (almost) the same throughout the whole song. It is very low frequency - you might need proper equipment to hear it more clearly.

Too bad they left the Streetwalker basssline out tbh, it sounded great on the demo

Back