Does anyone use their PC to watch TV??

GiveintomeMJ

Proud Member
So I recently moved to the flippin boonies of new hampshire... and there's no cable and today i found out i can't get direct tv... SOO i'm currently stuck w/pbs, nbc, and abc only... now it's not THAAAAT awful but i miss the discovery channel n house on fox LOL

I know its possible to get TV on ur PC so I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiance w/it cuz I don't know much about it other than its possible LOL

hoping to find some solution soon cuz it's startin to get reaaaaallll boring actually having to read my school books for entertainment:angel:

You can try this computer tv program:

http://www.direct-pctv.com/

I don't know how good that is though. Seeing I don't have the money to get it. But it does have the Discovery and Fox channels you want. I don't blame you for missing the Discovery Channel. I love that channel myself as well as HIStory, Animal Planet, and Travel channels.

Last edited:
I use Pinnacle pctv Pro stick it's good and I am totally satisfied. it's like a usb pen and allow you to watch both digital and analogic tv . This system turns your pc into a regualr tv and you also have a remote control. if you want more information about this product click on the link below

http://www.truevision.com/PublicSite/uk/Home/

Well our family has been w/o tv for several years now, and we are not suffering. :) Anything we watch is on youtube or the dvds that we have, which we watch on the computer. For fun we read lots and lots of books, write stories, songs, and poems, perform skits, play music, sing, dance, play lots of games together, put together puzzles, joke around, etc. Seriously. There is a lot more to life than watching tv. Learn to live life, and have FUN doing it!

yeah i'd agree mjrox but i live alone and have moved w/o anyone. i had to leave everyone behind... so it's a lil harder for me

^^yeah I would suggest that....I was going to get a Slingbox but I moved to college and they provide cable TV directly to our laptops, which is pretty cool;)

Back