Do you think MJ will be known as big as someone like shakespeare?

Darvon1982

Proud Member
And talked about for centuries to come?

Discuss.. I want to put up a good argument for someone I know who doesn't think so, or maybe they were just joking with me.

(sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not sure where to put it in)

Well, I suppose in a way Michael was already a bigger name than Shakespeare. I know I'd have rather studied Thriller than Romeo & Juliet at school.

Shakespeare is the undisputed King of the Pen (well, quill), Michael is now the undisputed King of Pop. Pop is bigger and the Moonwalk is mightier than the pen!

Well, I suppose in a way Michael was already a bigger name than Shakespeare. I know I'd have rather studied Thriller than Romeo & Juliet at school.

Shakespeare is the undisputed King of the Pen (well, quill), Michael is now the undisputed King of Pop. Pop is bigger and the Moonwalk is mightier than the pen!

hehe, I like your answer

I don't know about Shakespeare, I compare it more to the way we nowadays see people like Mozart and Beethoven. Michael was a musical genius and his influence spread all around the world, so I think he will definitely be remembered in that same way hundreds of years from now.

This is how it will be

Joahnn Sebastian Bach 1685 [
O.S. 21 March] – 28 July 1750
German
composer and organist whose sacred and secular works for choir, orchestra, and solo instruments drew together the strands of the Baroque period and brought it to its ultimate maturity.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
27 January 1756 – 5 December 1791
was a prolific and influential
composer of the Classical era. He composed over six hundred works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers.

Ludvig Van Beethoven

17 December 1770[1] – 26 March 1827) was a German composer and pianist. He was an important figure in the transitional period between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western classical music, and remains one of the most acclaimed and influential of all composers.

Michael Joseph Jackson 1958 - 25 June 2009
Composer, singer, entertainer whose sacred and secular works..... he composed...works...........

bigger. shakespeare is only known in the western world, by that i mean the general public knowledge, people all across the world have a connection to Michael in some way.

well in small towns or villages or whatever , i don't think there are actually people that have heard of shakespeare(or if there are,they are very few) , instead , everybody has heard of Michael Jackson . plus , even if that wasn't the case , not everybody likes to read or to go to the theatre or is interested in literature , but everybody listens to music . i really believe he is/was and always will be the best . nobody will ever come even close to Michael. God bless his beautiful soul. :cry:

I think Michael is bigger than Shakespeare.
I don't know much about Shakespeare though but what kind of influence he had in the culture? Sure he has written some great novels but Michael was so much more, he was so much more than just the music.

Another comparing thread.... it's getting abit boring. Shakespeare was the best writer of all time and Michael was the best of best of Pop and modern music. Two different classes.

Back