Do you like the 'you rock my world' music video?

Do you like the 'you rock my world' music video?

• Yes

Votes: 60 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters
I like it, but I'm disappointed that the director felt the need to keep Michael hidden in shadows.

I like the song very much but the music video is ok..you should have put another option for people like me lmao because I can't say I love the video but I don't hate it either, its ok. ;)

No, sorry I don't. It lacks spirit. Boring concept, which is hidden by lots of celebrity appearances. The only thing I like about it is the sounds sequence. Michael doesn't shine in this one.

I didn't like it at first but I learned to appreciate it and now it's one of my fave

How can you not! Makes me laugh, its so funny and the choreography section in the middle is phennominal. Love it love it love it :)

I don't think Michael was feeling particularly good about his looks back then and I can't watch the YRMW video without being conscious of that. I've heard that it was Michael's decision to have only one close up and to shield his face for the majority of the video.

Because of the blatant avoidance of any close-up shots the whole video feels awkward.

I admit I was not fond of it when it was released in 2001. It didn't have the impact that Black or White and Scream have. Both Black or White and Scream are innovative and mind-blowing. But, the YRMW video is a grower. I like it more and more. Like someone mentined earlier, the choreography is great. The sound editing is excellent. It may not be the most memorable Michael Jackson video. It is still a great video.

It is fun and entertaining.

I love the part with Chris. I LOVE the dancing :naughty: But it is not one of my favorite videos. The song is one of my favorite, though.

How can you not! Makes me laugh, its so funny and the choreography section in the middle is phennominal. Love it love it love it :)
Yeah :p, "This girl is dangerous, oo she's a pretty young thing... come here girl, I guess we should just beat it, the girl is mine, MAN CHA'MONE!".

Chris Tucker is a funny dude, he was good friends with Mike too, think Mike found him very funny :D.

"Now see this is why I don't go eat with black people, because when the bill comes they start trippin' man".

"Yeah, yeah, that's why you paying for it".

I don't think Michael was feeling particularly good about his looks back then and I can't watch the YRMW video without being conscious of that. I've heard that it was Michael's decision to have only one close up and to shield his face for the majority of the video.

Because of the blatant avoidance of any close-up shots the whole video feels awkward.

exactly. and i hate not seeing his face in videos. its always annoyed me in smooth crim too. also i feel like mj had already done the whole 'gangsta' thing before and he'd done it better in other vids.
but i still love the vid. its just not one of my fave's. and the song is awesome!

I love the video, i love it so much that i downloaded the youtube long version thanks to download helper (mozilla firefox add-on).

I love his little trademark steps during the first chorus when the gangsters start being really mad at him lol. I love hearing the beat while watching Michael Madsen walk away searching his pocket while Michael watches behind him while jumping going up the stairs. I love that Fred Astaire move, that "incognito" move lol.

The only thing i do not like is the last part, after the dancers fall from the ceiling. I do not like the Ghost video-like sounds "oooooooooooooooooh", they were not necessary here Mikey lol. During that part of the video there are some moves i do not like.

Do you mean the moment when he pinned the girl against the wall and moved his hip towards her? :naughty:

:heat: :heat:
ambulance.gif
:stretcher

Yes! :wild: And when he unbuttons his jacket. Oh, Mikey, wrong button :naughty:

I find that extremly sexy and seducing, yet subtle. He knew damn well the effect he has on women. :heat:

Artists these days please take note. There is no need to take everything off and dance in underwear. Staying classy is very sexy.

I see people like to compare YRMW to SC. I agree both videos share similar theme. However, YRMW is definitely not a diluted version of SC. SC is cool and is one of my favorite. YRMW, on the other hand, shows us Michael's maturity. His sexiness sizzles.

It's a great video, not one of Michael's all time best in my opinion, or anything particularly innovative, but hey it's good fun and nice to watch :)

yup yup... it's entertaining. the song itself has contagious beats. i think the video goes well with the song.

the choreography is one of michael's best, imo.

Back