Do you guys think Michael was a fan of Bollywood films?

oneleggedpigeon

Proud Member
Hey all,

Long-time lurker, very casual poster. Just rediscovered the boards. I was wondering what you guys thought about Michael and Bollywood movies. I'm Indian and a few of my Indian friends and I were talking one day about whether or not he would have liked Bollywood. I really think he would have enjoyed them. They're so vibrant and diverse musically, and it's very hard to find figures in Western pop culture who appreciate these films. As we all know he was the ultimate connoisseur of music and I'd be interested to read your thoughts on whether or not he'd like Bollywood films.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I would be SHOCKED if you hypothesis is not correct! We know for sure that Michael loved A.R. Rahman, they supposedly worked on the recording Satya together (I'm not convinced of the authenticity of the youtube version of this or I would post it). We know MJ
loved Indian philosophy and culture and he greatly admired the beauty of the people. He also loved film, so it seems only natural that he explored and enjoyed the best of Bollywood.

If you ever find any articles or interview with A.R. Rahman where he talks about Michael, I would love to have them! Even if they are not in english. I am not Indian, but I am a great admirer of your country too and have visited twice. It would be fascinating to me to find out more about Rahman's connection to MJ.

I wouldn't be surprise if he did like Bollywood movies. It would just make me L.O.V.E. Bollywood movies even more.

I just remember there is film footage of Michael from the late 90s. Where Michael had attended this Bollywood awards show. I have the video footage of it from when I had downloaded it from you tube. I don't know if you tube still has it or not though.

i'm indian living in australia. i think mj would love bollywood especially the traditional indian stuff. not the new westernised stuff. the fact that he wore an indian garment to those indian awards is proof and we all know he was a sucker for anything that sparkled or glittered.
also for those of you who know who hrithik roshan is, he was met him and barbara on the set of 'kites'. there's a pic somewhere. i think it was by accident...
whenever i watch a movie with awesome songs (particular the ones where aishwarya does a traditional dance) i always wonder what he'd think
i think he'd love the whole escapism and 'creating this world of magic and dance' thing....

Back