Do you also still like the eighties' music?

Remington Steele

Proud Member
I just love the beat, the drums, synthezizers etc.... people say it's outdated, but I still listen to it.

After watching that youtube-video of Michael dancing to Janet's "The Knowledge" I bought the "Rhythm nation" album... my absolute favorite track is "State of the world" (what a great bass line!! & melody etc.)... it once again made me realize my love for the eighties' style.

Like Michael said regarding "Rhythm nation" and "The Knowledge", I agree it makes you go wild... personally, I would at the "State" song at the top of the list!

I LOVE the eighties. In my opinion, 70's and 80's were the best era's of music. But then again I'm a 16 year old girl and most would say that I don't know good music. Anyway, I love 80's music. My mom is a big 70's and 80's freak so I guess I get it from her. I just love the 80's period. The music, the movies, the shows, the style. Love it. haha.

I LOVE the eighties. In my opinion, 70's and 80's were the best era's of music. But then again I'm a 16 year old girl and most would say that I don't know good music. Anyway, I love 80's music. My mom is a big 70's and 80's freak so I guess I get it from her. I just love the 80's period. The music, the movies, the shows, the style. Love it. haha.

Ditto !! :)
I love the oldies and the era when J5 was formed until Michael was a solo. 70's and 80's are the best. I love funk and the disco beat. I'm not so fond of today's music. Not my type. 90s music still ok for me as 90s still the pop era. I love the old horror movies like Exorcist. I dont think the new horror movies could top Exorcist.

i love the 80's! if i had a time machine i would turn back the time so michael would still be here!!! and plus everything about the 80's rock! unlike the shitty music we hear now a days ..

i love the 80's! if i had a time machine i would turn back the time so michael would still be here!!! and plus everything about the 80's rock! unlike the shitty music we hear now a days ..

I so totally agree.

I was born in early January 1980. So I was brought up on 80s music. And I always knew what great music is. Especially since my 2 number 1 favorite singers at the time was Madonna and Michael Jackson. And after all these years Michael still remains my number 1 favorite male singer. Madonna is no longer my number 1 favorite female singer. Janet Jackson is now. I just totally love 80s music of course. But I hate it when 80s music is being called the oldies now. I tend to feel so extremely old when it is called that. When I think of the oldies I think of the 50s and 60s. Not the 80s.

Michael's music never aged. When listening to his Thriller album, I was like this song is way better than today's song. WAY BETTER and I didnt feel like I was listening to oldies.. :)

I so totally agree.

I was born in early January 1980. So I was brought up on 80s music. And I always knew what great music is. Especially since my 2 number 1 favorite singers at the time was Madonna and Michael Jackson. And after all these years Michael still remains my number 1 favorite male singer. Madonna is no longer my number 1 favorite female singer. Janet Jackson is now. I just totally love 80s music of course. But I hate it when 80s music is being called the oldies now. I tend to feel so extremely old when it is called that. When I think of the oldies I think of the 50s and 60s. Not the 80s.

i feel day same way hahah .. my sister who is 12 told me im getting old thats why i don't like any of the new music today .. i told her "no, hunny they just don't make good music that has meaning" .. like even though some songs from the 80's were cheesy it was still uplifting and fun .. now its about booty shaking ... sex .... auto tune .. no talent ....like anyone can make a song about anything like a "THONG" (sisqo) and be a hit .. its sad ...

Michael's music never aged. When listening to his Thriller album, I was like this song is way better than today's song. WAY BETTER and I didnt feel like I was listening to oldies.. :)

i know right

About 3 years ago I was obsessed to 80s music and still like it very much!!! I think great songs were written back then, full of inspiration and magic melodies!!! I dont believe similar songs will be sung in the future...

yes, i love it!

70s/80s/90s music are way better than today's music

I love 80's music. So many great memories (high school and college years). I loved Wham! and Madonna and Janet (and of course MJ) and on and on (I'm too old to remember more, lol). One of my favorite albums was Madonna's "True Blue" from 1986. I played that album over and over.

I was born at the 80's! Love the music..I love everything before '00. Music nowadays sucks!

Everyone in my family says I should have been born in the 80's, back then artists had real talent and didn't need auto-tune to sound good !!

LOVE it! I wish I was born in the 80's, anything past sort of '97/'98 just isn't really worth listening too IMO (excluding invincible :D), music today isn't what it used to be. :no:

Back