Do any of you avoid having plans for June 25th every time that it comes around?

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
Do any of you avoid having plans for June 25th every time that it comes around? I'm not sure if it's just me, but whenever I set things up in advance with anyone, I always try to make sure that I don't have any commitments on that ONE day out of the whole Summer. It's still such a sensitive day and I don't want to spend it doing things that aren't Michael-related. In other words, it's my "emotional-Michael day" and I don't like other things "interfering" with it; it's basically off limits on my calendar when I'm planning things with friends & family. Does anyone else feel/act this way about June 25th?

Yes I try to keep that day clear because I don’t know how my emotions will erupt. It’s safer to be free at home to deal with it in a non-stressful, quit environment. There are tears in my eyes now just thinking about it.

Oh god. I hate this time of year. Oh, Michael. Why did you have to go??

No, I'm not being sad or anything as it doesn't help anyone anyway. I just rather ignore it and make some plans instead.

I'm actually very happy when I don't have to meet up with people that day. My dentist kept trying to schedule me that day and I kept saying no, please, another day. It's just a regular day for everyone else and I find it hard to just put up a brave face around people for whom this is just another day- everybody who has ever lost someone deals with a day like that when they are faced with their world that stopped turning- while it keeps on turning for everyone else.
My birthday is the next day and it's just tough because people expect you to be in a party mood. I spent every birthday since 2009 in tears eventually. Yup. Due to the timezone difference I typically have family calling on the evening of the 25th. Ugh. Rips me to shreds on that day. Every.single.year.

Last edited:
My birthday is the next day and it's just tough because people expect you to be in a party mood. I spent every birthday since 2009 in tears eventually. Yup. Due to the timezone difference I typically have family calling on the evening of the 25th. Ugh. Rips me to shreds on that day. Every.single.year.

I so know what that's like. My birthday is in early January and I haven't had a true happy birthday in over 3 years.:sad: To me there is really no point in me celebrating my it anymore. How can I celebrate it. When I can no longer spend that day happily wondering what Michael could be doing on my birthday. Especially with his children. Nor can I no longer watch and listen to him. Like I always did before. Then I remember how I was on July 5th 2009 when my mother wanted to celebrate my brother's birthday. I was in no celebrating mood then. Not when knowing what was going to happen in 2 days. Then a few days after July 7th it was my oldest nephew's birthday. And believe me I was in no mood going to my brother's house to celebrate his son's 3rd birthday. I was the only person at the party not smiling nor was I having a good time. All I wanted to do was be in my room in bed just trying so hard to forget what happen.:boohoo

I know I definitely will be crying over him. And sadly think about him. As I always am anymore.:sad: :boohoo But the only Michael related thing I will be doing. Is wear one of my black MJ t-shirts and wear my 3 MJ necklaces. As I already do 24/7. Especially my MJ necklaces where they never leave my neck. I just wish I could manage to watch and listen to just a little bit of him that day. But with my depression still being as bad as it is over him. It is definitely out of the question for me.:sad: I just thank god that I have other things to watch and do that day. Just to help try to keep hopefully at least half of my mind off of what day it is. Like watching my Bollywood movies, or any of my non Michael related dvds, reading my Left Behind series, and playing any of my Sims games. Mainly my Sims Medieval game. Is going to be a big help for me that day. But there is no telling how I am going to be at 6:30 that night. That was when my happiness and my life has forever ended for me.:sad: :boohoo

Honestly..yes. I feel weird making any plans on that day. Next year, I have a feeling it'll be the same way since my grandmother just passed away as well. Now I'll have two dates to avoid making plans for. It's just a strange feeling I get...like it would be "wrong" to do anything on those days...

Well, THANKS for this thread :better:

For me, everything is a MAYBE these days... It's let's get through the day and tomoz we'll see :(

I do PLAN to go to BEST and meet up with my friends though...

I do UNDERSTAND yé... It's gonna be a :beee: day but let's KEEP THE FAITH hey....
We have each other here :better:

I made plans last year and it didn't go too well. So now I refuse to make any plans whatsoever as I watch MJ everyday and everyday I end up crying. So I know exactly what I am going to be like on 25th.

1st year I was at home 2nd year was bowling and this year I'll be out again. I'll have a Michael night that night.

For that day and the next I always make sure that I have it booked off work because I know my mind, thoughts and prayers will be 100% Michael.

No, I'm not being sad or anything as it doesn't help anyone anyway. I just rather ignore it and make some plans instead.

Same. I never cried over his death, but his death saddened me and it still does when I see videos of him singing. He was gone way too soon.

The world lost great talents in the past years that were gone soon. Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley, Whitney Houston, just to mention a few.

Every year I want to go to LA or the Apollo or something on that day but I haven't made it there yet, hopefully next year. But for this year I made an appointment to get Man in the Mirror lyrics tattooed on my arm.

No special plans but I always burn a candle for 24 hours in his memory.

Everytime when I feel sad , when I miss him so badly , I like to remember his innocence , watching some videos of him with kids

Back