Do Actors/Actresses have a large fanbase?

MJFan4Eternity

Proud Member
Like do you believe an actress or Actor can have a fanbase? I don't to much see people going crazy over Actors/Actresses like they do Singers, does that mean Music is more popular that movies?

Sure they do - although it may not be as big. However if you take someone like Jackie Chan he has HUGE fan base - having been in the business for so many years (like Michael) he has built up a massive following. I think maybe you're right that singers tend to attract more fans though.

Di x

sure they do. Brad Pitt had an enormous following in his heyday and still sets hearts aflutter...same with antonio banderas or will smith. angelina jolie drives people wild, as did stars like elizabeth taylor waaay back in the day and others.

This is a question I was thinking about recently. Sure, there are a number of actors who have huge fanbases, but I think it's different from the relationship that singers have with fans. In my opinion, there's something indescribable about music, that touches the soul. Music can enhance and even change emotions in an instant. Every Michael fan has experienced this. I know movies can be very powerful, but I honestly think there's something that causes music to affect the human spirit, something innate. And because of this, fans feel very close to musicians, because they share a kind of bond through the music.

Maybe this is just me, because music affects me more than movies, but I think musicians have a special connection to fans.......thoughts?

I agree although I want to be an actress. I think musicians can connect with their audience closer that actor. It's the way Music speak directly to you. I believe is what it is.

Maybe this is just me, because music affects me more than movies, but I think musicians have a special connection to fans.......thoughts?

music does have a deep emotional aspect and it can resonate so well because it can be repeated much more easily than a movie. BUT think about LEO mania when Titanic was out. An actor can tap into that human pulse beat of emotions too, because they can become the physical embodiment of what someone wants at that time. everyone wanted a bf like Jack Dawson in Titanic, so everyone wanted leo, who was the embodiment of that. His mass hysterical mania was HUGE then

I agree although I want to be an actress. I think musicians can connect with their audience closer that actor. It's the way Music speak directly to you. I believe is what it is.

Nicely put :)

music does have a deep emotional aspect and it can resonate so well because it can be repeated much more easily than a movie. BUT think about LEO mania when Titanic was out. An actor can tap into that human pulse beat of emotions too, because they can become the physical embodiment of what someone wants at that time. everyone wanted a bf like Jack Dawson in Titanic, so everyone wanted leo, who was the embodiment of that. His mass hysterical mania was HUGE then

Yeah that's a good point. Actors really can affect people too, but I think people generally connect more with a character, and maybe sometimes project that onto the actor....which is natural I guess. Also, hysteria around actors usually dies down shortly after the film, whereas musicians often tend to keep their fanbase for longer, I think.

hmm i dont know, i was thinking that with musicians you can go see them live and in concert and see fans feel aloud to get more crazy there. theres something more personal with that alone. with actors, you have to wait for their movies to come out to see them or get lucky enough to be behind a rope to see them at premieres. or try to get to sit on those outdoor bleachers at the Oscar arrivals ..and you can't exactly get crazy like a rock concert there.
and actors dont exactly perform their work at award shows like musicians do either, so unless you get to see them perform on broadway. well... i guess you get what im saying.
so the fans seem more'' hidden ''i guess.
but actors do have hardcore fans as much as musicians. and fans can get crazy. modern actors alone like johonny depp, tom cruise, julia roberts, denzel washington, tom hanks, al pachino, , have huge hardcore followings.. actors are teen idols and idols in general as well.
music may get deep in your soul and ''makes the world go around'', but movies also have you remember certain moments in your life, and are fun visuals whether creepy, glamourous, real situations, they are very important to people too, and music videos came from musicals. its also escapism like music. Even the Oscars are treated bigger than the Grammys. It should be equal, but thats the way it seems with the amount of coverage on it! people love actors. and when you think of Hollywood, you automatically think of actors.
when you go into shops you may see elvis for the music world plastered on mugs, shirts, etc (and now michael too ) but you also got james dean, lucy, marilyn monroe, elisabeth taylor, marlon brando among you in full force and fans buy them up like hot cakes.

ima say its equal. whereas i would have wanted to pick one before. but i think you simply see music fans more since musicians tour and you see those fans. so theres more closeness, but fans of actors are hardcore too no matter what.

Back