DJ Spinna Prepares to Host This Weekend’s Michael Jackson Tribute Party

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
DJ Spinna Prepares to Host This Weekend’s Michael Jackson Tribute Party

What’s the Michael Jackson party you’re throwing this weekend?
Even before Michael Jackson passed away I’ve been doing these Michael Jackson versus Prince parties just celebrating their bodies of work. Once the death of Michael came upon us I continued to do tribute parties. Spike Lee caught wind of that. He was wanting to do a Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson tribute party and someone told him I was already doing something similar and we talked about working together. There’s a lot of red tape in the city though, so he’ll be hosting my event Forever Michael, which is this coming Sunday.

Do you get emotional when deejaying at these tribute parties?
Oh yeah, of course, I grew up listening to his music and he touched so many people. I don’t care what anyone says — he’s definitely the biggest artist of our time. No matter how many people try to copy him and copy his music, there will never be another Michael. A lot of people know this and those are the people who I get coming to the parties — the diehards. I remember doing a party in 2009, the year he died, and kids were allowed to come through so we had kids from four-years-old up to their parents all enjoying his music. His music affected us in a great way.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/08/dj_spinna_tweets_is_watching.php#more

Just remember...

9_2.jpg

467203_272302212857465_1291643019_o.jpg

Spike Lee ?@SpikeLee 13h

"@TLewisLee: Sitting at brunch, the host says, You guys should go to @SpikeLee #MJ party 2morrow. Ya heard?"SHAMON. HEE HEE HEE.

Where did they have this party? It is a pity the city has so much red tape when you have to do something like that.

Really wanna got to one of these tribute parties one day,I love DJ Spinna I which wish we had his mix of Liberian Girl/Beats To Sucker MCs in full

KeiStar Productions ?@KeiStar 26 Aug

Last night's Michael Jackson BDay Jam w/ @djspinna & @SpikeLee @OutputClubBK was 'Off The Wall! crazy!! #Goodvibes #ForeverMichael #love
Retweetet von Spike Lee

@spikelee I had the best time at ur #MichaelForever party! @djspinna took us 2CHURCH w/those mixes. Fitting homage 2a great artist! #givethx
Retweetet von THEREALDJSPINNA

Thanks @SpikeLee and @djspinna for the amazing birthday celebration
BSmGIEkCEAAnDe4.jpg

BSmacvUIcAAg_D1.jpg

Had so much fun @djspinna's Forever #Michael party last night! Can't wait for more bday events #happybirthdaymichaeljackson
Retweetet von THEREALDJSPINNA

Last edited:
Back