Dirty Diana- The Video/ If this is what the footage looks like...

charismatic

Proud Member
:angel:I cannot wait for the Bad Tour to be released on DVD. I mean that footage is chrystal clear with a rich color to it. Wow. I just downloaded the video on itunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charismatic - what exactly are you referring to? Please provide us with a link to this DVD.

If it's an official and legitimate release (like that of the Dangerous Tour: Bucharest), then this will be interesting.

he is on about that you can download "Dirty Diana" from BAD Tour Kansas 88 on Itunes.

There is no current plan to release the Bad tour on DVD, and if we were getting a show I wouldnt want Kansas, It was one of the first shows and Michael wasnt ast his vocal best that night. Check out a European show like Wembley and see the difference.

I expect though to answer the original question that the quality will be like that of the itunes video.

HEY I was at that first show in Kansas and I will let you know that Michael's voice was just fine on that first night. Don't be jealous cause I saw it live!!! Don't dis something you can't possibly know anything about! If you prefer another show, just say so but just because it was the first show doesn't mean Micharl wasn't at his vocal best. If you think about it, he had to be in better condition on THOSE TWO nights because it was the beginning of the tour. Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight was there interviewing him for the show. It was really cool. I was close enough to see her in the wings before he came out. -_-

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

If they filmed Dirty Diana, does this mean they possibly filmed the rest of the concert?

:angel:I cannot wait for the Bad Tour to be released on DVD. I mean that footage is chrystal clear with a rich color to it. Wow. I just downloaded the video on itunes.

thats right the live version of 'dirty diana' video is on i-tunes, people can also see a free preview of it. i saw it on the UK version of I-itunes. i think the UK page of I-tunes has some more videos than other countries I-tunes pages.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can see the full video on the sony michael jackson website, just check the video's page.

yeah, but it's not from kansas is it? i thought it was from new york. hey junior!

Last edited:
Right now i really don't care what show of the Bad tour they release. I just want it on DVD

The only thing i do care about though is that they release the 1988 leg of the tour and not the 1987

If they filmed Dirty Diana, does this mean they possibly filmed the rest of the concert?

yes, of course! and a promo vhs with full show is circulating among hard-to-die-collectors..i hope somebody leaks it.......

Damn it! I wish that they'd just release the tour allready. It would be awesome to see Bad tour 1988 with pro footage on DVD

Who owns the rights to the Bad tours anyway?

Last edited:
Yes they need to release a DVD BUT please give us a show from 88!!

the set list is so much better!

HEY I was at that first show in Kansas and I will let you know that Michael's voice was just fine on that first night. Don't be jealous cause I saw it live!!! Don't dis something you can't possibly know anything about! If you prefer another show, just say so but just because it was the first show doesn't mean Micharl wasn't at his vocal best. If you think about it, he had to be in better condition on THOSE TWO nights because it was the beginning of the tour. Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight was there interviewing him for the show. It was really cool. I was close enough to see her in the wings before he came out. -_-

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Firstly can i say, Im entitled to an opinion

Secondly its fact by evidence of footage we have that Michaels vocals were not as good in Kansas to other shows like Barcelona, Wembley, Gothenburg (the list is endless)
If u need proof check out "Another Part of Me" from Kansas, His voice is cracking in parts and is not as fluid as his later performances, Dont get me wrong its good, but Michael just wasnt at his best that night IN MY OPINION

I understand that as you went to the event it will hold a special place in your heart, but i felt your reply was rather rude and something i would not have expected from someone old enough to have gone to the Bad Tour.

I also agree with the last post that we need an 88 show, and defo not an 87 release, 88 rocked the socks off the planet and will be one of Michaels greatest achievements in terms of LIVE performing

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion. The tour is not scheduled to be released at this time.

Who owns the tour footage? Michael does, but the record company has what's called "blocking rights" that prevent the artist from release a record while under contract with the record company or a footage that was recorded during that period. I think what may be happening is the contract with those companies need to expire or something.

Same thing happening with Janet. Her first two tours are still pending release even though she has said twice she plans to release them but some issues were preventing there release.

I've done a lot of research and have found that the record company does not have any control over an artist concert tour, or the recording of them. Now in the early stage of an artists career, they have very little pull and so the "blocking rights" are harder to get by. By the time Michael did the Dangerous Tour Michael had substanial pull and was most likely able to have the blocking rights pulled from his contract. For the dangerous tour, michael was fully able to sell his concerts to say HBO or any other company without having to cut the record company a piece of the profits. And with the release on DVD Sony paid Michael (check the credits) to release the concert with the CD.

With the Thriller Behind the scene VHS, Micheal most definetly had to get permission for that release and may have had to give the record company a nice cut of the profits, again because it's considered a "record". .

the itunes concert footage is superb and I just can't wait to see that footage on DVD.

Sorry for the long reply-- I'm just really intrest in why certain material never release so I've learned a lot about the record business.

Sorry about the confusion. The tour is not scheduled to be released at this time.

Who owns the tour footage? Michael does, but the record company has what's called "blocking rights" that prevent the artist from release a record while under contract with the record company or a footage that was recorded during that period. I think what may be happening is the contract with those companies need to expire or something.

Same thing happening with Janet. Her first two tours are still pending release even though she has said twice she plans to release them but some issues were preventing there release.

I've done a lot of research and have found that the record company does not have any control over an artist concert tour, or the recording of them. Now in the early stage of an artists career, they have very little pull and so the "blocking rights" are harder to get by. By the time Michael did the Dangerous Tour Michael had substanial pull and was most likely able to have the blocking rights pulled from his contract. For the dangerous tour, michael was fully able to sell his concerts to say HBO or any other company without having to cut the record company a piece of the profits. And with the release on DVD Sony paid Michael (check the credits) to release the concert with the CD.

With the Thriller Behind the scene VHS, Micheal most definetly had to get permission for that release and may have had to give the record company a nice cut of the profits, again because it's considered a "record". .

the itunes concert footage is superb and I just can't wait to see that footage on DVD.

Sorry for the long reply-- I'm just really intrest in why certain material never release so I've learned a lot about the record business.

Thanks for doing that research :)

LOL,

I swear I've had 10 dreams of me getting the Bad Tour 88 DVD, during the past 3 years.

I'd say the paris concert, from where the Another Part Of Me clip is filmed would be the best to release

I'd say the paris concert, from where the Another Part Of Me clip is filmed would be the best to release

APOM video is a collage of rome, london,paris and other european cities, not only paris ;)

i hope one day sony will release an european show from the bad tour..it seems that in the european leg of the bad tour michael had more energy, not? and the instrumentation was different from the usa or japan legs!

Yeh the european concerts were just so much better...Michael was on fire!

I'd be glad to have any Bad Tour DVD from 88.

LOL,

I swear I've had 10 dreams of me getting the Bad Tour 88 DVD, during the past 3 years.

:hysterical:
me too!!

I wish they would release BT88 on dvd...but hopefully not the one from london, since he didnt sing Dirty Diana, and its one of my faves...so any other would be fine by me! :)

L.A 1989 like i always say lol. Or A wembley show. Or paris would be great 2. But I wanna c a show of mj performing in the States. But i wud still kill 4 wembley lol

Back