Director Michel Gondry's 25 best video - 2 of them Mike's

mjdove

Proud Member
Michel Gondry Picks 25 Classic Music Videos

The acclaimed film and video director tells us why he loves clips from Michael Jackson, the White Stripes, Bjork, and more

By Missy Schwartz | Jul 01, 2008

Michel Gondry, the French-born director of acclaimed offbeat movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, has also directed numerous groundbreaking videos for the likes of Björk and the White Stripes. He offers his picks of the best videos of the last 25 years, in no particular order.

View the 25 selected videos here at this Photo Gallery clicking the link
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20208853,00.html

Michael Jackson, ''Billie Jean'' (1983)

billie-jean-jackson_l.jpg

Gondry first saw the slick video for Thriller's second single on late-night French TV. ''Michael Jackson on this glowing floor — it was quite magical,'' he recalls.

Watch the video
(sorry I'm trying for minutes to post the link to the video, but there is always the video itself and this isn't longer available on you tube, but with the link it would be possible, but it doesn't work to post the link, always appears the video lol.
But you can watch the video in best quality going to the site clicking the photo gallery, the second one it is Billie Jean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp0JETG0Pw

Michael Jackson, ''Leave Me Alone'' (1987)

michael-leave-me_l.jpg

The video for the eighth single from *****'s Bad is another animated favorite of Gondry's. ''It was really interesting: Michael Jackson in an [amusement] park, in a little boat. That was the good thing about MTV in the beginning: It was a place where you could see animation other than Walt Disney. I always liked animation and creative images.''

Watch the video

Last edited:
That's all right mjdove. I had not seen this before. He had some interesting choices.

Really nice to see video's other than "Thriller" make the list! Nice read, thx for posting.

I wish these two artists could work together... Gondry said once he would love to make a video for MJ.

Back