Dido - Safe Trip Home (2008)

dangerous_88

Proud Member
Any Dido fans here?

I absolutely love her. She is so unique and wonderful... I don't think anyone can hate her. She is one of those artists who focus mainly on music and the depth of lyrics more than anything else. Her new album, Safe Trip Home only proves that.

Even though it is MUCH less commercial than her previous two albums, the album is really good. And it is one of those albums that takes time to get into, and that you cannot listen to always. But its magic lies exactly in its serene sounds,heart-felt lyrics with no fake pathos whatsoever - just pure emotion, call it a rollercoaster if you will - her lyrics are really amazing. The texts this time are usually of suffering the death of her father and of incapability of settling down with love...

In my opinion,there is absolutely NO "Hunter" , "Life For Rent" or "White Flag" here. No "top of the chart" hit material, but that is what makes this album so good. The focus is on the music itself,not commercial success. Give it time, pay attention to the lyrics and you will love it. Good job, Dido! :clapping:

Well i like Thank You by her, I've played it alot, it's very sentimental and uplifting. I might consider getting one of her albums.

oh i highly recommend "life for rent" - it is her BEST album...please just listen to "see you when you're 40" and you'll understand it ALL!

Back