Did "Will You Be There" make you cry the first time you heard it??

BunnyHead

Proud Member
Oh man, to this day this song makes me tear up.

I remember exactly when this song came out and hearing Michael's voice saying "I'll never let you part, for you are always in my heart" and then a tear fell from his face..I tried so hard not to cry with him..it was just so unusual to see Michael Jackson crying I was like "He must be sad but why is he so sad??" and I remember watching the end credits to Free Willy, I was watching it with my mom late at night and then that song came on I had to haul ass out of the room because I had this attitude like "I'm a big girl movies don't make me cry" so I ran into the bathroom as the waterworks started. All I could think about was Michael crying and how beautiful his voice was in the song.

That is one of the few songs that made me cry like a baby along with Luther Vandross "Here and Now" and Tony Terry's "When I'm With You" as a child.

When I first heard it i wasn't crying.But now,after MJ death...it is very sad :(

That song is my all time favorite. There's so emotions inside me at the same time when I listen to that song. I smile, I cry, I shout, I sing, I dance, I lay on the floor, I love, I hate... it's Michael's spirit adressing my spirit. I'm at peace when I hear that song. I'm in Heaven, or at least that's how I feel like it. I sometimes ask myself... what would be the only song that I would need in order to stay alive... Will You Be There.

yeah it did actually. It makes me cry to this day.. especially the lyrics and the little speech at the end. :cry:
it's a beautiful song though. always been one of my faves.

I remember when the song came out with the Free Willy movie. Such a good song. One of MJ's best.

No...I didn't cry the first time when I heard it...but at the memorial...well....

I actually cried at this song the other day. In the trial thread someone posted a picture of Michael crying at the trial and literally the second I saw the picture the speaking part of Will You Be There started (I was listening to the song at the time). I cried as I thought it was so apt that I saw this picture at the exact same moment the speaking part came on. It was Michael's darkest hours and the fans still cared, they were there so yes, that made me cry.

I actually cried at this song the other day. In the trial thread someone posted a picture of Michael crying at the trial and literally the second I saw the picture the speaking part of Will You Be There started (I was listening to the song at the time). I cried as I thought it was so apt that I saw this picture at the exact same moment the speaking part came on. It was Michael's darkest hours and the fans still cared, they were there so yes, that made me cry.

Yes!!! yes yes!!!

The fans were there and it was a beautiful thing
makes me proud to be a fan.

I didn't cry when I first heard it. But it was one of my faves, I love everything about the song.
When I heard about Michaels passing, the stuck in my mind for a few days, I heard it over and over again in my head and since then... I can't listen to it anymore. I heard it less then 5 times the last months. I can't listen to it anymore, it hurts my heart so much. :cry:

I think I might have cried a while ago when I listened to it. This was a long time ago, though and I was playing it on my ipod, and was really listening to his ad-libs toward the end

now when i hear it def. does especially when he is screaming out "i get lonely sometimes"

To be honest, I've never been more emotional to any song in my life. It is unbelievably powerful

I don't remember how I felt when I first heard the song, but I do remember watching MJ's MTV 10th Anniversary performance of it, for the very first time on TV. I was left in awe (if that makes sense).

First time I heard it I was really little. I'm not sure when (either on the radio, 10th MTV, or from Free Willy I'm assuming). I'm not sure how I felt. Listening to Michael's speaking part at the end can be hard to listen to sometimes. :cry:

I was young when it came out, so I didn't cry the first time I heard it...but I cry everytime I hear it since then! :cry:

Will You Be There is always a stab to the same wound. I can't listen to that song now without crying. It's a great song though and to have that effect, you know it's just magical.

Did Michael think up of the melody? When I heard it for the first time, it sounded really familiar, but I wasn't sure. If there is no song that sounds similar to Will You Be There, then...somehow I heard the song when I was really young, and it just stayed in my memory. I never saw Free Willy, at least, I can't remember seeing it, so I don't think I was exposed to this song at all in the 90s. If this is the case, then, I'm speechless.

That song is my all time favorite. There's so emotions inside me at the same time when I listen to that song. I smile, I cry, I shout, I sing, I dance, I lay on the floor, I love, I hate... it's Michael's spirit adressing my spirit. I'm at peace when I hear that song. I'm in Heaven, or at least that's how I feel like it. I sometimes ask myself... what would be the only song that I would need in order to stay alive... Will You Be There.

To be honest, I've never been more emotional to any song in my life. It is unbelievably powerful

I completely agree with these posts.

Will You Be There was the first song I ever heard by Michael when I was little. I used to listen to it over and over. So it has huge nostalgic/sentimental value to me.
I didn't cry the first time I heard it, because I was small and I just thought it was pretty.

But yeah...at the risk of sounding like an emotional wreck or something, I cry literally every single time I hear it after June 25th.
Sometimes sad tears, sometimes I'm just so overwhelmed by the music.

It's one of those songs that just totally fills me up. The choir is stunningly full and just gorgeous.

And Michael's speech at the end is where I lose my composure every time.

Oh gosh, I could talk about this song forever. I'll stop now.

I only cried after his death. I was very young with the I heard the song during the time it was popular so I didnt really understand it. Now if I dont cry when listening to it I get chills. It is probably one of my favorite Michael songs

that song has always made me somewhat emotional, at the memorial, when i heard MJ speak the words, it KILLLED me!! and i havent been able to listen to it and enjoy it without crying ever since! :(

But yeah...at the risk of sounding like an emotional wreck or something, I cry literally every single time I hear it after June 25th.
Sometimes sad tears, sometimes I'm just so overwhelmed by the music.
I'm so glad you said this - I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Either the speech at the end or the "And they told me a man should be faithful..." part.

I didn't cry. I was kinda little back when i heard it first, didn't really understand all the lyrics, but i loved the melody and the video.

In later years, I would kneel and pray during the spoken end cause it seemed a prayer to me, but now I simply watch the video in awe.

Nowadays, it's also a different story when it comes to the crying part. I find myself crying whilst listening/watching it, but not all the time. I try to be strong...

I did tear up a little. The song is so powerful. MJ's vocals are great in it and he emotes so well. "Will You Be There" is just a wonderful, touching and inspirational song.

Back