Did THIS IS IT beat Hannah Montana?

Amber Dawn

Proud Member
I've heard conflicting stories.. One source said This is It beat HM Best of both worlds sales and another said that Hannah Montana still had better sales the first week.. I don't know which is true. I'm shooting for this is it especially since Michael is not just marketed to just one group of people (teenagers/kids) but to different age groups. And also Best of both worlds was a 3D film only showing in IMAX theaters, This is it is playing in regular theaters too.

Can anyone shed light on this subject?

Didn't mean this thread to "bash" Miley Cyrus OR her fans.
I just wanted to know the facts.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ becomes biggest grossing concert film ever

Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ becomes biggest grossing concert film ever

The film that features Michael Jackson’s backstage rehearsal for a concert tour that was to take place in the summer of 2009 is now the highest-grossing concert film worldwide, according to USA Today.

In only five days, ‘This Is It’ has grossed $32.5 million in the United States and $68.5 million internationally—for a total of $101 million.

This beats the former record holder, ‘Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour,’ did $70.6 million internationally in 2008.

The film was originally supposed to have a limited release of only two weeks, but due to its massive success, Sony Pictures has decided ‘This Is It’ will play through Thanksgiving weekend.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-...mes-biggest-grossing-concert-film-ever-photos

Back