Did Sony ever officially announce "Off The Wall 30"?

electrickeyez

Proud Member
I thought around the time of the This Is It announcement back in March that Sony had confirmed to a few MJ sites that Off The Wall 30 would be released... I believe they said in August.

Was this ever official?

I'm assuming there's been no word on it since 06/25?

a new off the wall album in 2010
its the first time i hear any news of a new album come out in 2010

Why release it in 2010 if that is past the 30 year anniversary? Just a waste of time and money. Either release it now, or not at all.

Personally I think they should concentrate on going through the vaults and selecting a new album of unreleased / new material

i like michael's album KING OF POP
it has cool songs on there i never hear before
it would be good to hear more of michael's music new or old remixes or songs writen by other persons
thankyou ladys for new music news

It's not the priority right now.
This Is it CD (october) and DVD (TBC) will be released first.

I really hope they will release a 25th ann for Bad-album (because the only MJ album with 5 number one hits ! ! ! If not.... THE ONLY album with 5 number ones

i for get about THIS IS IT movie is coming out in october
WOW a new soundtrack with new music
michael is always the KING OF POP all this and more

No they were too busy planning other things. Things that have now given them total control of SONY/ATV.

You're right. I think Branca and McClain, who now manage Michael's estate, retain Michael's interest in that property.

This is correct and Branca recently said that they have no interest in selling Michael's half. Obviously this will bring in an enormous amount of continuous money into the estate.

Back