Did people talk about how his appearance was changing during the Thrad era?

Horrorlover656

Proud Member
I remember some person once remarking that "He(MJ) wears so much makeup that he is white when he takes it off."

People did talk about how his physical appearance was changing during those years.

Many of his fans (especially from his black American fan base) even decided to not buy the 'BAD' album at that time (in 1987) when they saw how much lighter his skin looked on the front cover of it.

People did talk about how his physical appearance was changing during those years.

Many of his fans (especially from his black American fan base) even decided to not buy the 'BAD' album at that time (in 1987) when they saw how much lighter his skin looked on the front cover of it.
I am talking before Bad. Like 85-86.

I am talking before Bad. Like 85-86.
People also did talk about how his physical appearance was changing during those years (1985-1986).

For example, many people noted how much lighter his skin looked on the 'Captain EO' 1986 film.

People also did talk about how his physical appearance was changing during those years (1985-1986).

For example, many people noted how much lighter his skin looked on the 'Captain EO' 1986 film.
Are there any records of people saying this?

Are there any records of people saying this?
People were talking about this everywhere, and there was widespread speculation about the changing of his skin tone which was becoming much lighter.

Most people and also media noted (at that time) that Michael Jackson wanted to become white because he hated his black roots and also because it would be easier for him to sell more records.

But, there were also some people who were genuinely concerned about his lighter skin tone, attributing it to health problems.

People were talking about this everywhere, and there was widespread speculation about the changing of his skin tone which was becoming much lighter.

Most people and also media noted (at that time) that Michael Jackson wanted to become white because he hated his black roots and also because it would be easier for him to sell more records.

But, there were also some people who were genuinely concerned about his lighter skin tone, attributing it to health problems.
Do you have any sources? Any links I can look up?

I have always found these moments, the "Thrad" particurarly interesting, specially Captain Eo, I don't think (or remember) that lot of peoples have talked his change appearance, during we are the world he look like more his Thriller days, Captain Eo is different because in fact he wore lot of make up, for me it's fascinating to see him during his Australia trip (during Captain Eo shooting or just after), he look like basically Thriller but...light skins:

around 4min17 and 6min37, there are revelation from this lady, during his trip in Australia he seemed scared of the sun, and have bought two books about skins diseases...:

That very interesting question about his change during Thrad era, I don't think there are lot of discussions during this times because he was rarely seen in comparaison to before.

I have always found these moments, the "Thrad" particurarly interesting, specially Captain Eo, I don't think (or remember) that lot of peoples have talked his change appearance, during we are the world he look like more his Thriller days, Captain Eo is different because in fact he wore lot of make up, for me it's fascinating to see him during his Australia trip (during Captain Eo shooting or just after), he look like basically Thriller but...light skins:

around 4min17 and 6min37, there are revelation from this lady, during his trip in Australia he seemed scared of the sun, and have bought two books about skins diseases...:

That very interesting question about his change during Thrad era, I don't think there are lot of discussions during this times because he was rarely seen in comparaison to before.
First of all, thanks a lot for the links. That footage of Australia is one of the reasons I made this post.

I am going to watch the other link.

While he rarely appeared during this time, I wonder what people thought when they saw him in We Are The World or Captain EO.

I remember reading articles from the Thriller era which mentioned his nose job. So, it's surprising to me that they didn't notice when his was skin was starting to look lighter by the end of 1984. Or maybe they did and I don't know.

Again, thanks.

Back