Did Michael write any more books other than Moonwalk and Dancing the dream?

When i was a youngster but wasn't much of a reader, i rented Moonwalk from the library but i ended up only looking at the photos cause i just didn't read much, hell...maybe at the time i couldn't even read yet. Now that i'm much older (28,lol) and read more often..i decided to go for Moonwalk and what a damn good book. It's great to read what he writes about his work, the people he met, the way he so kindly speaks about people in general. Anyone who doesn't really know him yet, finds out what a friendly and down to earth person he was.

We as true fans already know for so long, but plenty of people out there don't and have crazy thoughts about him as if he was incredible weird and not normal, couldn't love women or whatever, a-sexual , all that nonsense. In Moonwalk in one chapter he describes how he sees women, and that he loves them. The only reason peolpe are so brainwashed is simply the press, it's so sad really....either way, we all know about this.

I also have Dancing the dream, but that's mostly poems and pieces, incredible stuff but not really a book with true stories from him. I remember a book called 'In his own words' awhile ago from the library , i did read that one, but seriously doubt if it truly was in his own words. Anyone know?

So did he write any more books? I really don't wanna go for the books written by others, cause when it comes to MJ...alot of people have their own agenda, money in their eyes and KNOW that 'juicy' or just weird nonsense sells the best. Plus i rather just hear everything from my hero, not someone else.

This is the book i am talking about

cover_in_his_own_words_98.jpg

No Mike only wrote 2 books. I wish he continued with writing he was so good

he actually did another book, My World, a photo book, but its quite hard to get your hands on.
heres a pic of the cover:
513AGM0W5FL._SS500_.jpg

Looks great, it contains rare photos along with stories or just photos? So that 'In his own words' book is basically BS?

I'm not sure, I always thought it was just photos, but this is the description I found:

Book Description
The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, breaks his silence. In his first book in 14 years, the living pop-icon tries to explain himself to the world once again. In "My World", Jackson speaks out about his childhood-idols, his inspirations and about living the most famoust life in the world with only a few normalities.

The book features more than 40 full colour photos from Michael Jackson's private photo archive. Never before seen pictures show Michael Jackson on stage, in the studio, on award-shows and very privately at his home. A photographic review of his career and unique life on and off stage. A close up portrait of the world's greatest entertainer, a human being with emotions and fascinating thoughts which are the result of forty years being in the worldwide spotlight.

Synopsis
Michael Jackson's very personal retrospective of his life, in pictures and some hand-written poems.

And yeah that book isn't a biography, its a book of quotes from Michael, at least thats what amazon says about it.

Looks great, it contains rare photos along with stories or just photos? So that 'In his own words' book is basically BS?

I have the "In his own words" book. It's not BS, but not exactly written by Michael.
It's filled with quotes from Michael on many different subjects and also some other famous people's quotes about him. ( Family members as well)
I really like that book, I've seen some quotes in there from interviews that I hadn't read before for instance.

I remember one particular part from 'In his own words' where he said he was giving his snake mice...and he'd name one mic after his father and then feed it to his snake. That's one of the parts that really stuck with me.

I really am interested in that 'My World' book now,never knew about it. I am gonna find it and buy it :D

At the time, when "My World" came out, former manager, Raymone Bain, said this book wasn't authorized by Michael. .. As far as it's known, no legal action was taken to prevent its release and distribution. .. So, I don't know. ..

I believe Dancing the Dream and Moonwalk are the only two real books written by Michael. By 'real books,' I mean books with actual stories and/or biographies, and not miscellaneous commentary, as the My World book seems to be.

I thought Moonwalk was a bit awkwardly written, to be honest. It lacked the elegance Dancing the Dream had. I actually think that's a good thing, though. The lack of florid writing in Moonwalk makes it seem more authentic, it adds a certain boyish charm to the work, a je ne sais quoi that makes the book refreshing to read.

Dancing the Dream is entirely a brilliant work of art. It is so artfully written, the words are so heartfelt and relevant, you can't help but to weep at times. It's one of those rare works from which you take something that lasts forever. I absolutely adore that book, and it's a pity it went out of print for a while.

I'm not sure, I always thought it was just photos, but this is the description I found:

Book Description
The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, breaks his silence. In his first book in 14 years, the living pop-icon tries to explain himself to the world once again. In "My World", Jackson speaks out about his childhood-idols, his inspirations and about living the most famoust life in the world with only a few normalities.

The book features more than 40 full colour photos from Michael Jackson's private photo archive. Never before seen pictures show Michael Jackson on stage, in the studio, on award-shows and very privately at his home. A photographic review of his career and unique life on and off stage. A close up portrait of the world's greatest entertainer, a human being with emotions and fascinating thoughts which are the result of forty years being in the worldwide spotlight.

Synopsis
Michael Jackson's very personal retrospective of his life, in pictures and some hand-written poems.

And yeah that book isn't a biography, its a book of quotes from Michael, at least thats what amazon says about it.

Wow I didn't know about this 3rd book, I'd love to have it but I bet it's expensive.
About Moonwalk I had the chance to read it in English 3 years ago and for some reason I thought there was a ghost writer involved (not completely writen by Michael.) I feel more auto biographical Dancing The Dream.

Wow I didn't know about this 3rd book, I'd love to have it but I bet it's expensive.
About Moonwalk I had the chance to read it in English 3 years ago and for some reason I thought there was a ghost writer involved (not completely writen by Michael.) I feel more auto biographical Dancing The Dream.

Really? I can't say i had that feeling. I never knew MJ personally, never face to face, but when i read this book i can definitely see Michael saying all this. Especially the parts about how much rubbish the press can write about you, one day they love you, the next day they tear you apart. About his brothers and performing with them, about girls, about The Whiz , his friends and so on. I never had the thought that this might have been ghost written.

I don't remember if I read it or watched an intervew saying he felt more personal and auto biographical Dancing The Dream, that's why I came with that conclution; I might be wrong.

I thought Moonwalk was a bit awkwardly written, to be honest. It lacked the elegance Dancing the Dream had. I actually think that's a good thing, though. The lack of florid writing in Moonwalk makes it seem more authentic, it adds a certain boyish charm to the work, a je ne sais quoi that makes the book refreshing to read.

It was written by a ghost writer, they said, Michael being interviewed and him having the final say on its editing/re-editing process. It was a book he said he didn't really enjoy doing, as far as I recall, but he was pressured into having his own autobiography created, and he worked on it for a period of 5 years, since '83, I think, being interviewed and whatever. The ghost writer wrote some offensive words on him, whether before June 25, or after, because Michael didn't like being pressured into offering what they call 'juicy' details of his life. Go figure. Well, the likes of Tabloidrelli sure compensated with his sci-fi, even unsettling make-beliefs, at times, about him.

That explains everything, then. I was going to say, in the original post, that when reading Moonwalk, it sounds more like Michael is talking than as if he's writing about his life. The broad jumps from one subject to the next seem to support that impression. I can see why he would be reluctant to write about his life--I would be too, especially with how nosy and cruel some people can be.

It was written by a ghost writer, they said, Michael being interviewed and him having the final say on its editing/re-editing process. It was a book he said he didn't really enjoy doing, as far as I recall, but he was pressured into having his own autobiography created, and he worked on it for a period of 5 years, since '83, I think, being interviewed and whatever. The ghost writer wrote some offensive words on him, whether before June 25, or after, because Michael didn't like being pressured into offering what they call 'juicy' details of his life. Go figure. Well, the likes of Tabloidrelli sure compensated with his sci-fi, even unsettling make-beliefs, at times, about him.

Thanks for supporting my point, I knew I wasn't wrong!

Ah yes i understand that very well, Michael was someone who already didn't have much privacy , so the privacy he had left he wasn't gonna speak about all that in the book. And no doubt with juicy details they also mean his skin disease and so on. So even though Michael eventually agreed to have that autobiography, the ghost-writer still talked smack about him later on?

So even though Michael eventually agreed to have that autobiography, the ghost-writer still talked smack about him later on?

Yeah... can't really bother to go search for a link supporting this, but he really did. Basically sounding like a former disgruntled employee, or sth, that he wasn't credited for his ghost-writing, to my recollection - and really making it seem like Michael didn't have much to do with his autobiography, which is countradicted by other sources, yada-yada.. and that both the ghost-writer and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis found him to be very weird. .. Nothing surprising when it comes to disgruntled folks, though, all ending up badmouthing Michael. ..

Yeah... can't really bother to go search for a link supporting this, but he really did. Basically sounding like a former disgruntled employee, or sth, that he wasn't credited for his ghost-writing, to my recollection - and really making it seem like Michael didn't have much to do with his autobiography, which is countradicted by other sources, yada-yada.. and that both the ghost-writer and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis found him to be very weird. .. Nothing surprising when it comes to disgruntled folks, though, all ending up badmouthing Michael. ..

You are right on that one. Jackie was working at Double Day at the time. She said in an interview that at one point she was saying we have to make things up because Michael was so boring. You see they wanted him to talk about juicy intimate details and he did not. At the very end he did not want to sign off on the book and they sent someone to talk to him. He was in another country at that time. I cannot remember where. He said that since he was a child all his life was publicized, and he feared the book will expose him more and take away the little privacy he had. However, he did give his final OK on the release as we know. Notice the book is more about his music. Jackie wrote a nice piece in the book, but bad mouthed him behind his back. This man had few friends.

You are right on that one. Jackie was working at Double Day at the time. She said in an interview that at one point she was saying we have to make things up because Michael was so boring. You see they wanted him to talk about juicy intimate details and he did not. At the very end he did not want to sign off on the book and they sent someone to talk to him. He was in another country at that time. I cannot remember where. He said that since he was a child all his life was publicized, and he feared the book will expose him more and take away the little privacy he had. However, he did give his final OK on the release as we know. Notice the book is more about his music. Jackie wrote a nice piece in the book, but bad mouthed him behind his back. This man had few friends.

Thank you, Petrarose, for the additional details. ..

I'm glad that Michael stood firm on this and got his way in the end with the book.. At least that's some form of consolation.

Michael didn't write Moonwalk at all right? So I was right then, the most autobiographical book is Dancing The Dream.
I just hope My World isn't apocryphal, some of the Amazon costumer have said it isn't authentic.

I've been a fan for 7 years and I haven't even read Moonwalker. What a shame.

I have Dancing The Dream and I adore it with all my heart. What piece of work coming from a beautiful soul...

i think he has written more books, but the only ones published are Dancing the dream and Moonwalk...great reading:)

Only Moonwalk and Dancing The Dream are books which were released by Michael.

My World, is not an official product of Michael's merchandise. Like someone said, Raymone Bain did tell people, that they didn't authorize it.

I don't know why people spend so much on a book which actually had nothing to do with Michael.

Michael didn't write Moonwalk at all right? So I was right then, the most autobiographical book is Dancing The Dream.
I just hope My World isn't apocryphal, some of the Amazon costumer have said it isn't authentic.

^^^It seems he wrote parts of it with the ghost writer.

I would love if he had written other book such as Dancing the Dream. :wub: or a book of fiction, horror stories.... :wild:

After June, wasn't there a story that he had started working on a comic book? I wonder what happened with that.

Jackie was said to be reluctant to write that blurb because it was something she didn't like to do for anybody and she only agreed after Mike's repeated requests. She was accused of being a hypocrite, calling him "a sensitive man, warm and funny and full of insight," but at the same time rejecting his overtures of friendship (he gifted her with a humongous TV set which was problematic since it wouldn't fit through her condo door). She was also annoyed by his frequent phone calls to talk about the pitfalls of fame.

Jackie was said to have endured Michael's eccentricities for four years before Moonwalk was published and that the book was a 'professional embarrassment' to her and she only involved herself in the project to be a "a good citizen" at Doubleday.

Back