Did Michael Teach You To Dance?

Beau

Proud Member
Been a fan since I was a kid and when he died, my way of paying tribute was to LEARN the Moonwalk. That was last summer. Ever since then I've done nothing but listen to his music, so it's almost a year of everyday MJ.

I've learnt a couple of routine segments, and moves such as my favourite... the Ankle Breaker and I've been building up my James Brown Crazy/Shaky Legs. So awesome.

All from just watching videos, DVD's practicing most of the time. Tried my moves on the town and circles have formed, let's just put it that way :D

Anyone else?

Michael had a huge impact on my dancing,of course! Congrads on learning the moves. :)
you should post a youtube video & keep us updated.

I thought someone might say that :D Not my style man, posting a YouTube vid. As much as I like seeing some of the fans on YouTube banging out the moves and especially when they do it well :)

Anyone else "becoming" the music?

oooh wow! good for you! psst...what's the Ankle Breaker? :scratch: :D

When you're an impressionable 7 year-old watching Moonwalker, there's no other choice.

Mummy was not impressed with my crotch-grab.

Reactions: Bee
Mummy was not impressed with my crotch-grab.

LOL!

Mike definitely taught me how to dance. He made me realize that I need to FEEL the beat. Don't worry about which way to move...the music will move me. Folks compliment my dancing all the time, I just tell them "Thanks! I learned from MJ! Ahhh, I feel like hitting the dance floor now!

The Ankle Breaker

oooh wow! good for you! psst...what's the Ankle Breaker? :scratch: :D

Hey, I'm not sure if it's a name I came up with, "The Ankle Breaker". But if it is an original name then it sounds cool doesn't it? :)

It's when it hits 3:05 on Billie Jean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RuxoCDfbjU

Along with all other performances. I'm a new guy but I really love this forum. Spoke to a complete hater today. Swayed by nothing but general public opinion, circa 2002. So un-eduated. I sorted her out though :) (I didn't kill her though)

yesir this is when i become a stan!! time reflect on my MOOMOO moment at the club y'all

yes honey my big a__ learned how to moon walk accross the room so everytime i hit the club with my team they know to throw on that billie jean so i can get bizzy one time for their mind child i have a black hat i make sure i wear my gitter jacket and get bizzy I even have the crowed to the hold scence from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4CVZ0tLnc&feature=relatedperformance at the end when he breaks it down y’all that was all me in the club yes I practice haha

that's my michael dance moment i love him so much i love my era glad i am a 80's baby i really enjoy him.

Definitely yes! I started dancing at a around 4 or 5 and it was because of Michael. I was constantly trying to imitate him as a solo artist and as a member of J5/ The Jacksons. I would use my homemade mic or broom while wearing my dress shoes and dance. He and James Brown really opened my eyes up to what a performer is.

I've been dancing ever since I can remember. my mom thought was a good idea to take me to ballet cause i couldn't stand still. But Michael made me feel it. he didn't teach me to dance but he certainly influenced and improved my dance.

I thought someone might say that :D Not my style man, posting a YouTube vid. As much as I like seeing some of the fans on YouTube banging out the moves and especially when they do it well :)

Anyone else "becoming" the music?

Yeah, of course...I noticed that it even changed the way I move to the music of other artists, I notice particularly in slower songs now. It's really not a particular wish to imitate (I'm not a horrible dancer but certainly far from being able to even imitate) but some things just make their way into the way I move. *holds up hand while foot on opposite side grinds*, *finger suddenly points up* *bites lower lip* etc. :hysterical: By the way, does "teaching" imply "success"? Or just the attempt?

That video of him rocking out in a church pew that Thomas Mesereau put up? That's me these days, not in a church pew, but I can't help but do that all the time, don't even wanna know what that looks like.:bugeyed

Last edited:
yes,He taught how to dance :)

But,he also taught me to hurt those who love me and love those who hurt me :(

Unforunately, no. I've tried to dance like him...and well, I just can't dance in general LOL.

Nobody can teach me to dance. it's just not in me. now, he taught me to WISH i could dance, but he didn't teach me to dance.

Re: The Ankle Breaker

Hey, I'm not sure if it's a name I came up with, "The Ankle Breaker". But if it is an original name then it sounds cool doesn't it? :)

It's when it hits 3:05 on Billie Jean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RuxoCDfbjU

Along with all other performances. I'm a new guy but I really love this forum. Spoke to a complete hater today. Swayed by nothing but general public opinion, circa 2002. So un-eduated. I sorted her out though :) (I didn't kill her though)

ahhhh...as soon as you mentioned Billie Jean, I knew exactly what move you were talking about! :punk:

Nice thread thx. :)

Um teach me to dance ? My level is not serious enough for me to be able to call it dancing, i mean i'm kinda good but i saw very serious ppl dance in several videos which make u think they ain't human beings; but he did teach me many moves through his work ( music videos, live performances, etc.....) i.e sidewalk, moonwalk, that 360° thing, some james brown moves, etc......

He did inspire me to learn how to dance which i will do in the future (i'd like to learn popping, samba, etc.....)

He definitely taught me to listen to songs the right way when moving to them i.e not to neglect any sound.

Last edited:
Back