Did Michael sing MITM completely live in MSG 1988?

Rudolf

Proud Member
I listened to amateur audio today, but I can't decide whether he sang it live or not. Some bits obviously are live in what should be a playback part. So, he sang all of it live or just few bits?

BTW I think MSG 88 should be obviously released due to amount of live singing. I bet it was amazing concert :)

Last edited:
I Think he begins to sing live around, 2:26. His mic went on there, you can even hear a '' Hoo '' on top of the playback at, 3:34.
And the whole, '' Hoo Hoo Hoo, its gonna feel real good yeah '' is live. He started singing alot earlier than usual.

By the way i love how he performed this song this night! its so diffrent, esp during the acapella part, its alot longer than usual! I would loove to hear how he performed MITM the first night in kansas city!

I think they should release a concert that has been recorded on film, and not tape. Any Bad Tour concert is great, even though some are more memorable than others. A film recording allows for Full HD video, like you see in Moonwalker-MITM

I think the MSG ones are taped, unfortunately.

I think they should release a concert that has been recorded on film, and not tape. Any Bad Tour concert is great, even though some are more memorable than others. A film recording allows for Full HD video, like you see in Moonwalker-MITM

I think the MSG ones are taped, unfortunately.

Yes. BUT tape can still achieve very good quality. Also, they can upscale to semi-HD which wouldn't be real HD but still look very nice and better than standart DVD. I think they should release Kansas first night, MSG, Wembley and LA last night.

Yes. BUT tape can still achieve very good quality. Also, they can upscale to semi-HD which wouldn't be real HD but still look very nice and better than standart DVD. I think they should release Kansas first night, MSG, Wembley and LA last night.

I Totally agree with this!

Actually someone told me that Michael DID sing the whole show live including MITM in 3 March :D

traditionally Michael starts live vocals after the break that comes after the "woo"s.. meaning his first live vocal in this song would be at 4:00.. BUT this specific audio is hard to pick up specific things so I could not say this is sung like how it is traditionally.

traditionally Michael starts live vocals after the break that comes after the "woo"s.. meaning his first live vocal in this song would be at 4:00.. BUT this specific audio is hard to pick up specific things so I could not say this is sung like how it is traditionally.

Yepp pretty much. Usually the live singing starts at '' Im gonna make a change, its gonna feel real good chameon ''
But on the audio you can clearly hear that The whole '' Whooo, its gonna feel real good yeah '' is live, and that part is always lipsynched.

Back