Did Michael record full songs for 'Pepsi' versions?

Graf

Proud Member
I have some questions if someone could help me out with..I know Michael did the 'Pepsi' version for Billie Jean,Bad and Black Or White but did he record full versions of these songs with original lyrics? Or did he record only a few parts as we hear in the commercials?

Even though it's just about advertisement it's neat to hear his songs with different lyrics and sound to it..For example the 'Billie Jean' one has a different sounding Bass in it..If he recorded full songs I'd love to hear them :)

Also, I found this on Discogs.com , a very cool site that has all sorts of info on official and unofficial releases..

http://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Bad/release/2317420

Notes?

Pepsi Presents Special Release!
Promotional - Not For Sale.
Michael Jackson World Tour 1988.

Was this made by Pepsi to be sold at the Bad tour or is this just a bootleg created by someone?

He also did a Pepsi song with 'Bad'

To which I know off, he just extracted part of his own song and re-wrote the lyrics to fit Pepsi's criteria. I don't think there a full songs. Just the ones we see on the advert. There was a vinyl 7inch single pressed of 'Whole New Generation' and goes for about £100. I think it is just the advert Jingle.

Yeah, perhaps.. but I figured that he may have recorded full songs and then Pepsi cut and chose which parts they wanted to use in the advertisement..I'll check out that Viynl as well ;)

Also found this from 2000 Watts, Left side there is a Black or White Pepsi CD (Thanks to barthard47)

scan10002.jpg

Last edited:
Back