Did Michael play gitar?

jhestas

Proud Member
In the History booklet Michael is credited with gitar and drums. (Also bass?)
What song does he play on and is there any footage off him playing an instrument?

I don't know:no: but I can remember seeing a video on youtube and someone gave him a guitar:yes: but he didn't know how to play it or something like that:D:D:wub:

After doing some research i've come to learn that MJ was not a serious instrumentalist by any means. He could play very basic stuff to get ideas accross but not to a high standard. Also checking the album credits MJ played very basic instruments like the slapstick, if he was an amazing piano player, drummer, guitar plater etc he would have played on his songs himself instead of getting in other people to do it for him.

Now i know that alot of you will say ''He got a guitar playing credit on Morphine'' but it has been said that MJ's guitar credit there was for his beatbox. Also showing pictures of MJ holding instruments don't prove anything. He could have just been posing with them

Also if you listen to MJ when he talks about his songwriting process he says that he makes sounds into a tape recorder and then he goes into the studio and gives the musicians all they're parts. Go and listen to The Girl Is Mine Mexico Deposistion on youtube and that video shows MJ composing The Girl Is Mine and not once does he play an instrument. He just used his vocals to compose the music.

I'm not trying to take anything from MJ talent away. He was an amazing singer, Songwriter, dancer and producer but he was not the greatest instrumentalist. Plus playing instruments and composing music don't always go hand in hand. You could be the greatest multi instrumentalist in the world and still be a crap songwriter. MJ had a fantastic ear for music and knew exatly what he wanted and he used his voice/beatbox to accomplish this

I don't know if he played guitar but I've read a comment made by a friend of his...I don't remember who, which said he could perfectly interpret Tchaikovsky and other classics on the piano...that's all I know :p

Dd not know about Morphine, but Morphine is on BOTDF. What is he credited for on History?

In his autobio Moonwalk, he wrote that when Joe bought a guitar to Tito, it was for all the kids to learn to play it, so he probably had a basic knowledge of guitar.

He could play the drums, I know that much. There was an interview for sale on eBay once, with a sample uploaded where he said himself he could play them. I've seen and heard it mentioned numerous times, but I can't remember exact quotes. It really annoys me that he never showed he could play them. It would've been awesome if he'd gotten behind a drum kit during a concert.

I remember Adrian Grant, whose the writter of Michael Jackson A Visual Documentary, said that Michael can play most of popular musical instruments... But Michael didn't perform in his song. He said this work should done by the one who most good at it...
Maybe Michael can play guitar... (*^__^*)

68482435.jpg

That picture don't prove anything. MJ could have just been posing with that guitar

Sorry Sorry Sorry For This Double Post But I Found These Pics That Is Kind Of Intresting!!!

2e3a7w8.jpg

20f3j2t.jpg

2nitzki.jpg

Back