Did Michael hava favorite song of his?

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Did Michael have a favorite song either of his own in general & /or a favorite song that he really enjoyed performing the most on stage???

He must have liked Smile quite a bit, as he was singing it on LWMJ. It's technically not his song, though.

And The Lost Children because in that home video he's teaching Prince and Paris how to sing it, so cute.

I would like to think that Heal The World was one of his favorites since that's one of the songs he was most proud of.

He got a question what songs he wanted to do for the rest of his life if he was allowed to do only 3 of them
It was heal the world, speechless .I´m not sure about the last one but I think it was "you are my world".
He was going to release invincible that time and he could have had other favorites other times.

He mentioned The Lost Children as his favourite Invincible song, and adored Smile and HTW.

speechless and i'm very sure he mentioned this many times.

He must have liked Smile quite a bit, as he was singing it on LWMJ. It's technically not his song, though.

And The Lost Children because in that home video he's teaching Prince and Paris how to sing it, so cute.

Thats right! I was going to ask what he was singing - is it the part when hes picking up the puzzle pieces!?? I love that song from what he was singing.... its on Invincible?

Thats right! I was going to ask what he was singing - is it the part when hes picking up the puzzle pieces!?? I love that song from what he was singing.... its on Invincible?
Yep and yep. :)

There's a longer version of the video where Paris and Prince are singing it on their own, but Michael helps them with the lyrics at some parts.
e409623.gif

From classical pieces, Claude Debussy Afternoon of the fawn :)

Last edited:
I remember him saying at MSG that Dancing Machine was a favourite of his but that could have just been from the J5 era. With there being so many, he probably had a lot of favourite songs though. Hmmm, thinking about it I don't recall him every saying much about his favourites or even being asked. You'd think that's the kind of thing interviewers would ask.
I'm guessing Thriller would have been a favourite since he pushed it so much. I think Brooke said his favourite was 'Smile' during the memorial ?

i remember he said during an interview that his fave song off invincible was unbreakable

I guess Michael had way too many wonderful songs to pick just one or two anyway. ;)
I'm so happy we have all those songs he has sung, and I couldn't pick just one favourite either.. :)

I'm sure there are too many for him to pick!
David Gest said he loved "She's Out Of My Life."
I thought he said during the Invincible promotion that "Invincible" was one of his particularly favourite tracks on the album.
Just to add to what's been said.

I remember the online chat MJ attended in 1995.
There were two questions from fans regarding his favorite songs:

1. Question: Michael, thanks for coming. What is your favorite song on your newest CD? MJ: Probably Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Little Susie. I love songs with heart. 2. Question: Michael what is your favorite song that you have recorded?
MJ: If I had to pick one song... that's very difficult. Probably Ben, Got to Be There, Heal The World, one of the oldies. Source: mjcafe.net

I remember the online chat MJ attended in 1995.
There were two questions from fans regarding his favorite songs:

1. Question: Michael, thanks for coming. What is your favorite song on your newest CD? MJ: Probably Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Little Susie. I love songs with heart. 2. Question: Michael what is your favorite song that you have recorded?
MJ: If I had to pick one song... that's very difficult. Probably Ben, Got to Be There, Heal The World, one of the oldies. Source: mjcafe.net

BEN!! thats mine too and Butterflies! Hence the signiture :)

I´ve red in an interview with him that his favourite song from Thrillerm that he was most proud of was Baby Be Mine. I have the magazine here somewhere...

Maybe. :D

I think he is proud of every song he recorded and finished. But if I have to say something, it would be Heal The World.

Childhood..
Omg! these are great! keep them coming.
I'm actually making a playlist of his favourite songs hehe ;)
I know he likes Stevie Wonder "Talking Book" and "Songs in the Key of life" and James brown etc. ;)

Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation and The Knowledge
uhhhmm.. Shaggy- it wasn't me ;)
Kenny said that he loved performing Human Nature in the rehearsals.
He loved Yesterday by The Beatles and... How Do You Mend a Broken Heart by the Bee Gees! :D

OOH and he liked Lady Gaga too! :D

^^yea but this thread is about his own songs.. :)
I always thought he loved beat it and smooth criminal... well I bet he did!!! but one of his top faves?.. don't know

^^Î find it interesting to read his other fave songs too.. but I'm mostly curious about his own.. he has made soo many!! how could he ever pick one..
isn't it hard enough for the guy to pick songs for the albums?

I believe Michael had quite a few favorites of his own songs. I wouldn't blame him. I have several favorites myself that it's hart to pick just one.

Back