Did Michael ever sing MITM completely live in concert?

Rudolf

Proud Member
Did Michael ever sing MITM completely live in concert? (except Dangerous tour rehearsals)

Last edited:
Re: Did Michael ever sang MITM completely live in concert?

I have thought about this aswell.. what we do know is that in MSG, he started singing live alot earlier than the rest of the tour.. So my best guess is either he sung it fully live in Kansas City (The opening night of the US leg) or it was always Half lipsync/ Half Live

I wonder why he always mimed that song. Is it particularly difficult to sing? I find it hard, but then I struggle to sing any MJ songs.

I heard UWS was completely live.

This Is It was fully live.

^ This Is It was most probably live, but I think they dubbed it over in the movie.
And United We Stand wasn't completely live. You can just hear how Michael sings over the playback sometimes. Ad-libs were live though.

Its a powerfull song so its difficult to sing, maybe he did lipsync it to save his voice remember he did 123 shows for the Bad Tour alone

The beginning of This Is It MITM is undubbed but it is covered up by talking and stuff.

In rehearsals he would sing all the songs live, maybe not fully but he would sing them live, so it wont suprise me if MITM was live in This Is It but they just dubbed it.. In fact i believe the whole entire This Is It rehearsals were live but just dubbed.

what is dubbed??
Also i never understood why he lipsynced so much.. the bad tour was most of it live right? but later on he almost completly lipsynced. in dance routines i understand it, really, but like award shows where he just did 1 or 2 songs, why not sing live??? he was a great singer, the best voice why not rely on that? like remember the time in the chair why not sing that live? or earth song music awards 96 also no dance routines so why not sing live??

In this is it i thought they dont care about us is not live.. i hope to see more rehearsals from this is it, because he sang so much live there... i hope we get more this is it movies or releases

what is dubbed??

This Is It rehearsals were mostly live but they dubbed over for the movie. For example for Billie Jean they used demo recording in the movie. In This Is It Billie Jean tv spot you can hear him singing live

This Is It rehearsals were mostly live but they dubbed over for the movie. For example for Billie Jean they used demo recording in the movie. In This Is It Billie Jean tv spot you can hear him singing live

Wow, I want the whole undubbed version of the BJ rehearsal! :(
Many people said that they had to dub some songs because the original sound quality was too low, but it doesn't sound like that in this TV spot!

Relating to the topic:
I don't really know if Michael has ever sung MITM completely live, but in Munich 1992 you can hear him singing live over the playback in the first verse. :yes:

I feel a bit fooled that some of it was dubbed but I guess it's my own fault for not hearing it =)

never completely live...
It is OK.
But I've been always wondering why.:(

Is Beat It dubbed in This Is It film? It is hard to say. In this Victory Tour perfomance he sounds exactly the same:

Beat It in This Is It is definately live though I can't say if it's dubbed.. Perhaps it is, like Billie Jean.

Back