Did Hollywood Tonight (Demo) Sample "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" Daryl Hall & John Oates

Re: Did Hollywood Tonight (Demo) Sample "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" Daryl Hall & John Oates

Very similar, yes.

Re: Did Hollywood Tonight (Demo) Sample "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)" Daryl Hall & John Oates

Geez i really need to catch up - I haven't listened to the demos of the Michael album (I definitely like the demo version of this song better haha)

That said, its similar but I definitely don't think its anywhere close to a sample. I don't think its exactly the same.

I do think the beat is sampled and the elements are spread in the stereo mix. It's hard to tell in the intro to the demo, but defintely in the outro without a snare, its a bit more obvious in my opinion.

Regardless, it takes the idea for the beat and the essence of the bass and the sound effect thingo.

The loop may well have been a standard drum loop on a drum machine in the 80s, MJ and Brad worked with alot of sounds and samples from numerous decades.

Back