Did Clinton lend his support to Michael?

I was just watching a video of a We are the world performance during a gala for Clinton. Mike was there, and i just wondered at that moment if Clinton has been supportive of Michael during the times he needed it? Which is of course the ridiculous allegations of both Chandler and Arvizo.

He's been a friend of Michael, i know that. But i just don't know if he publicly made it known that he supported MJ or not. There's actually alot of people
that i wonder if they shown support for him, during those times.

I don't remember if he did - although I do know they both have a friend in common which is Ron Burkle.

Both Hillary & Bill never forget who their real friends are - you can believe that.

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/117523/bill-clinton-remembers-michael-jackson

BILL CLINTON REMEMBERS MICHAEL JACKSON

bill-clinton-in-haiti.jpg

Bill Clinton took time out while at a Port-au-Prince, Haiti, hotel today (July 7) to recall Michael Jackson’s performance at a 2002 fundraiser at New York’s Apollo theater. “He basically helped save my party from terrible financial distress, so he was very kind to me personally,” said the former American president. Clinton also remembered that the King of Pop also performed at his first inauguration in 1993. “He was an immensely gifted man and I think he basically meant well,” he said. “I know about all the trouble he had in his life and I hope he will be remembered for his contribution as an artist. I hope his children turn out well. That would be the greatest tribute you could have.”

and i just wondered at that moment if Clinton has been supportive of Michael during the times he needed it? Which is of course the ridiculous allegations of both Chandler and Arvizo.
dont believe so. wasnt he president in 93. so even more of a reason. look at obama

I don't believe so, same reason as Elusive Moonwalker. Michael is not mentionned in Bill Clinton's book "My Life".

I'm sure he did. They had been good acquaintances for a long time and Michael had a great deal of respect for President Clinton. As far as him commenting during the allegations in 1993 and 2003, he could not publicly make a statement on his behalf. Given his position in the country, it was best he remained neutral. However, that does not mean that Bill Clinton did not contact Michael to lend his moral support. As far as being in his book, there was no need to put Michael in his book. For what reason? It was about Bill's life his past, his presidency (1993-2001), his scandals. For the record, he did call the family to give his condolences. It didn't take him 4 days to acknowledge Michael either.

Last edited:
I'm sure he did. They had been good acquaintances for a long time and Michael had a great deal of respect for President Clinton. As far as him commenting during the allegations in 1993 and 2003, he could not publicly make a statement on his behalf. Given his position in the country, it was best he remained neutral. However, that does not mean that Bill Clinton did not contact Michael to lend his moral support. As far as being in his book, there was no need to put Michael in his book. For what reason? It was about Bill's life his past, his presidency (1993-2001), his scandals. For the record, he did call the family to give his condolences. It didn't take him 4 days to acknowledge Michael either.

I agree with you, but in his book he does mention a lot of other people that he met, not necessarily related to his presidency, and the book is about his life, not only his presidency.
But you're right, that doesn't mean that he did not contact him, on a personal level.

Last edited:
i dont think anyone here knows what type of relationship these two had during MJ's final years.

theres a picture of bill clinton holding blanket and standing next to mike, paris, and Prince.

Back