did any rappers scare you??

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
i asked because I came along back when NWA was considered scary and there were Rappers over the years where what was said in the music and then the video would scare some people. so was there a Rapper that scared you?? or there music scared you. Speak on it

i wouldn't say any scared me because i just don't identify (genuinely) with gangsta rap or violence. i was more into the deep socially conscious hip-hop and some political stuff like Immortal Technique. i guess at the age of 12/13 i may have found some of his stories quite disturbing.

Violence in music isn't anything new. Old country, blues, and even pop songs had violence, sex, and drugs in their lyrics. Now rap did start having a lot of profanity, but that's not really that new. Millie Jackson was cursing in songs in the 1970s, and not just an occasional word like some other stuff like The Rolling Stones. But rap did make it more mainstream to say anything (not necessarily a good thing, lol). I don't know what would be scary about it, though.

Yeah i don't get the word 'scary' lol

Although Ja Rule looks like a turtle which...only makes me laugh lol

those old school BUSTA videos used to scare me back in the day.. lol!

No? lol
Why is it scary if you hear something or see something on a video?
Its not like its coming to get you....lol

Even though I was a fan, I used to think Bone thugs N harmony were devil worshippers. lol DOn't ask whay, I was 12 when they came out.

I grew up around thugs so rappers don't scare me. Half of them are fake gangsters anyway.

The only thing that scares me about them is there lack of tallent and how they even became famous

The only thing that scares me about them is there lack of tallent and how they even became famous

I disagree. As much as I dislike Rap/Hip Hop, I have to admit that there are a lot of really talented artists in the genre. Eminem's lyrics are horrible, but he is still a very talented guy.

The biggest issue I have with rap/hip hop are the lyrics. They're degrading, ignorant, offensive, and racist, and I don't believe in supporting them. There's much better music out there that isn't offensive to listen to.

Last edited:
I disagree. As much as I dislike Rap/Hip Hop, I have to admit that there are a lot of really talented artists in the genre. Eminem's lyrics are horrible, but he is still a very talented guy.

The biggest issue I have with rap/hip hop are the lyrics. They're degrading, ignorant, offensive, and racist, and I don't believe in supporting them. There's much better music out there that isn't offensive to listen to.

Some of them are tallented i'll give them that but as you said the Lyrics in there "songs" are offensive and racist and that i cant tollerate i cant even bring myself round to even listen to a Rap song the only Rap song i like is I'll Be Missing You :lol:

I mostly like the earlier groups like Whodini, The Sugarhill Gang, Fat Boys, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Salt & Pepa, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, and Run DMC. But I listen to the Beastie Boys, Nelly, Gerardo, & Outkast. Other than that I really don't listen to hip hop. Occasionally there might be a song I like.

treach from naughty by nature was a wicked lyricalist
they dont scare me , but what some of them have been through does ..

lil wayne scares me i dont know but its just something about him all of his tattoos and other stuff is just way to much to handle

I'm not scared from rappers...I think they're only representing the life of the street.....

But this doesn't means that no one ever scared me....apart the rappers world....
in another genere of music....the black heavy metal...there are some terrible groups.....

If anyone wants to be scared....go to you tube and see the Ancient - Willothewisp video.
It's something terrible...................

Last edited:
the old Busta Rhymes videos and ONE Bone Thugs video used to scare me when I was in middle school.. lol!

That's it though... Why would rappers be scary??? cuz they rap??

Although he's not a rapper, a lot of people are scared of Suge Knight. Ask Vanilla Ice & Dr. Dre.

Back