Destiny- has to be the best Jacksons era album!!!

Chaos

Proud Member
I reckon that album does not have a single bad track on it, they are all great!!!! why does nobody ever talk about it???

I prefer Triumph, but Destiny-Triumph-Victory were a pretty good string of albums.

"Push Me Away" is a pretty underrated ballad.

Last edited:
All Night Dancing, Destiny, & Push Me Away are my faves from here. But I like the whole album. I have the original album with the orange target label, and not the later black Epic label.

I prefer Triumph, but Destiny-Triumph-Victory were a pretty good string of albums.

"Push Me Away" is a pretty underrated ballad.
Triumph had weaker tracks, it had some god awesome songs like time waits for no one, lovely one, can you feel it andthis place hotel... besides those tracks the rest of the album is just weak in my opinion besides I reckon MJ's vocal performance on Destiny was overall better too

"Triumph" is my fave album by the Jacksons, but "Destiny" is a close runner up. You just can't go wrong with songs like "Blame It On The Boogie", "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground", "Things I Do For You" and "That's What You Ger For Being Polite", but pretty much every song on there is top notch. That album is pretty much flawless.

"Triumph" is the best Jackson's album to me. But "Destiny" is also very good. I think with "Triumph", the group polished out their sound a lot more, which I like. But both those albums are good.

i love the album but Triumph has the edge for me on a whole. this was a Great time period for Jacksons Project. MJ was unstoppable back then.

I reckon that album does not have a single bad track on it, they are all great!!!! why does nobody ever talk about it???

Triumph had weaker tracks, it had some god awesome songs like time waits for no one, lovely one, can you feel it andthis place hotel... besides those tracks the rest of the album is just weak in my opinion besides I reckon MJ's vocal performance on Destiny was overall better too

I have to agree. Even Michael agreed in Moonwalk, from the looks of it. Both are very good albums, but as far as showcasing their writing, instrumental and vocal abilities, Destiny reigns supreme. Every track could have been a single. :yes:

I have to agree with some of the users here in that Triumph is the best but Destiny does not have a bad track on it and I have to agree with that!!

I love Destiny and Triumph! Two Amaaaazing albums! And yeah, "push me away" is a beautiful song and i listen to it over and over! one day I was playing it and my mom started singing along! She remembered "push me away" LOL!

i love the album but Triumph has the edge for me on a whole. this was a Great time period for Jacksons Project. MJ was unstoppable back then.
So true. A virtual dynamo.
And I love the album too. But then, there isnt too many Jackson songs/albums
that I dont find at least 95% enjoyable.

Although Triumph is my first favorite Jacksons album, Destiny is a VERY close second. I love everything on that album, and I love the era too, but that's for another post and time lol. I love the way he sang Push Me Away, Destiny, and That's What You Get (For Being Polite), just as much as I love him on the fast-tempo songs. Shoot, I just love the way he sings on the Destiny album in general. It does seem as though nobody talks about it, but it really is a great album that shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

When I first heard the SONG Destiny.. I was like.. Mike singing a pop song with a country twist??? I LOVED IT.. I'm not a big fan of country. (I don't mind it) but that song, is UHHH so cool! lol

This era is amazing. He dances incredibly well at this time and I think that's the period he got the most energy.
And the album is the most spontaneous of all Jacksons albums IMO. Fresh and funky.

Back